Chapter 12-I Am Here

"Take me! Here and now! Who cares about the whole details! I know you want me, I can read it in your eyes!", I said taking my sweater off and remaining only in my bra.
"Al, no what happened? Get dressed!"
"No, I want you to fuck me and..."

And that was the only thing I remembered before I passed out. I woke up in the morning with a splitting headache and the room spinning. The instant need to hurl came straight in my throat and I jumped out of bed. I soon realised that I wasn't in my house. Where was I? Never mind, I said opening doors until I found the bathroom.

"Are you okay?", come here.

That voice. Oh my God I was in Glen's apartment. And then it came back to me. I asked him to sleep with me. Did he do that? Oh my God did I sleep with him? DID I KISS HIM? What did I do?

I stood there with my head on the cold toilet not having the mere intention to stand up and even look in Glen's eyes, but it seems he had a different intention. He helped me get up and wash my face, handing me over a towel.

I followed him to the living room and took a seat on the sofa. He came back holding a cup of warm tea and some Advil and I took them from his opened hand muttering a "thank you", not even daring to look into his eyes.

"Now Al, tell me what happened?"
"Did we have sex last night, or did we kiss or do anything like that?", I asked not raising my eyes from the cup.
"No, good Lord. Why would you think that? Before you said anything more you just passed out. And I put you in bed. Now tell me, what happened?"
"Did Dan call you?"
"As a matter of fact he didn't. Did you guys have a fight? Does he have any idea you are here?"
"No, I think he has no idea that I saw him with another girl in the bar."
"Wait you what?"
"Yes, I saw him and then I ran out of the bar and I came here. Karla was with me and I dunno what happened after. Except that I..."
"That is a subject never to be brought up. You were drunk and obviously hurt. But if things would've been otherwise...", he sad with a sad look upon his face.

I looked at him and knew what he wanted to say. If I was sober and I would've said that he would've done it. Without any regret. He had feelings for me and he wasn't afraid to show it. He was willing to fight with his best friend for me.

The realistic part of me kicked in. I couldn't allow that to happen. Him, ruining his friendship with Dan. I couldn't allow that to happen.

"You know it's always been Dan and it's always gonna be him.", I answered him, looking straight in his eyes, as I was fishing my phone from my bag.

140 missed calls and 60 text messages. Good God someone was worried. I browsed through the missed calls, not even a single one from Dan. The only thing was a text message from him wishing me and Karla to have fun and that he will not be coming home tonight, due to work in the studio. Like that was true.

I called Karla and she picked up her phone in a second. Her piercing voice punched the silence, giving me an even bigger headache than I had.

"Where the hell are you? I have been worried sick!"
"I'm at Glen's, I will get home now. Is he there?"
"No, he hasn't come home the other night. Didn't he call you?"
"No.", I admitted blushing and feeling tears starting to fall from my eyes.

What happened between me and him? Was he cheating on me for a long time? There must be an explanation, Dan wouldn't cheat on me. No, he wouldn't. I looked at Glen with a concerned look on my face as I dialled Dan's number and put it on speaker.

We both looked at the phone with a concerned look on our faces as we waited for the call to get through.

The number you dialled is not available at the moment.