Chapter 43-Did you?

Danny's POV

"Did I just hear ye say I love you?", said Mark as he peered behind my back.
"Yes, you heard right."
"Ah here we go again. He says he loves her, then massive fight, boom, explosion and then it's back to drinking whiskey...", added Glen.
"No, this time it's different..."
"We heard that one too Dan.", said Mark nodding his head and lighting up a cigarette.
"No, seriously this time is different. You wanna know why she called me? No, of course you don't know but I will tell you. She thought she was pregnant..."

Saying the word pregnant made Glen close his eyes and take a deep breath. It was still a soft spot for him.

"And is she?", he asked after a couple of seconds.
"No, she isn't but in two days she will be flying with Robin here. Just stay for a gig or two, or the whole part of the Australian tour...Ye know..."
"And they will be sleeping where? I mean she will sleep with you, but Robin?"
"Ah, no, she will be sleeping with Robin in my bed and I will sleep on the couch. I want all the comfort for them."
"Robin kinda grew on ye?", asked Mark.
"Yes, they both did. Robin is a great, talented kid. She is a bad ass guitar player. And Nina, well Nina is a fantastic woman."
"She sure is...sounds like a keeper eh Dan?"
"Yup Glen, I think she is a keeper. Still trying to figure out that one. But she is a great woman and I like her. I love her..."
"You love her! Jesus Danny you're the worst client I ever had! You fall in love with everyone!", I heard a sharp female voice behind me.

Agnes...what were we thinking when we hired her? Between me and her I don't know who is more difficult.

"Can I have a word with Danny in private lads?", she says opening the door and throwing a cold stare at Mark and Glen. The two of them nod and it's just me and her in the room left. Oh, this should be interesting. She takes a seat on a chair, legs crossed and she ruffles her short hair, now coloured in a violent shade of red.

"What do ye wanna talk about?"
"About this whole mess! I'm sick of repairing your mistakes! First Olivia Van de Kamp, then you taking this girl out of a club, like she is a big sack of potatoes! Now you admitted to have a relationship! Her kid posts photos of you like you're some kind of trophy! Then you tell me to book plane tickets to fly them here??"
"Okay, what is your problem? You are always mad about the decisions I take! It's my life! I didn't hire you as a nanny! You were hired as a manager! What I do with my spare time is not your problem!"
"My problem is that you're being used! That's my problem!"
"Used by who? By a fifteen year old? Explain!!", I hear myself shouting.
"By both of them! Danny I'm really sorry that you don't see that! But you will..."
"Okay, I think you're overstepping your boundaries Agnes! Big time! Please treat Nina with respect! And I'm being very serious right now! Or else, you're fired!"
"I'm sorry Danny seriously, but I'm looking for your best interest. I will go and book the flight.",she replied bowing her head.

I quickly forgot the incident and it seemed that two days felt like two years, until Nina and Robin came to Australia. I was waiting in the airport, for the first time unaccompanied by anyone, holding a bouquet of roses in my hand and scouting the place. My heart was flinging out of my chest and I was happy and relieved to see two of the most important people in my life, seeing me do what I know to do best.

And there they were. I saw Robin first and I ran towards her, hugging her tightly. And then there was Nina. She was wearing a wrapped dress and sandals and her brown hair was tied up in a ponytail. I went to her and helped her with her bag, kissing her and taking her hand in mine.

"How did no one recognise you?", she said taking the roses from me and kissing me again.
"Well, in Australia when I'm not with the band no one does, so basically I'm a stranger just like everyone else is.", I laughed.
"Ah. That's perfect. Now where are we going?"
"Hotel, I booked a big room, perfect for the three of us."
"Eeeeew, no. No...", said Robin making a weird face.
"Why not? We are gonna spend some quality..."

And then it hit me. I blushed and smiled thinking of that.

"Don't worry, it's a presidential sweet. It's like a small apartment."
"Still not comfortable about that...can I go hang out with the lads while you and mum spend some time together?"
"Sure...I will call Mark, but don't you wanna eat something and get some sleep first?", I tried.
"Sleep? You'll be lucky if she will ever sleep while she is here. Danny I know my daughter all too well. She wants to play guitar with Mark and pester him.", laughed Nina.

I had a small jolt of jealousy knowing that Robin preferred Mark over me but I smiled.

"Well, I will tell Agnes to have a car in front of the hotel and she can go to the studio we have in the bus, to the stadium, or wherever she wants. And we will join soon. Of course if you feel able to do that...",I said kissing her again.
"Sure. I'm in. After all it's not everyday you see Australia in the arms of a handsome man and alongside your beautiful and intelligent daughter."
"Ah mum stop I'm getting emotional!", said Robin just as the car pulled in front of us.

The ride back to the hotel was all filled with "oohs" and "aahhhs" and Robin taking photos of basically everything, which made me happy. I was happy to have them with me, to spend some time with them as a family. I called Mark and told him Robin will join them and I waited for Nina to unpack some fresh clothes for her, while Robin took a quick shower.

We both waited for Robin to leave and I sat on the bed next to her.

"So..."
"So...", she replied smiling.
"Tell me. Did you go to a doctor for the issue?"
"The late issue, yes..."
"And what did the doctor say? I mean the tests came out negative so...what's wrong?"
"Nothing is wrong. Just a cold...I will be okay don't worry."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I am sure. What about you? Do you really want a child?"
"Yes I do. I think it's the right time for that. And you're a natural with children so...I naturally want a child with you..."
"But, but..."
"I really do, I know we are at the beginning but it feels right. So right...The first time in eight months things feel so right..."
"I love you Danny, I really do. Now let's get ready to get Robin, she is not supposed to be alone."
"She is with the lads. Nina, baby are you okay?"

As she got up from the corner of the bed I saw her face turn white like a sheet of paper and losing balance. I jumped right next to her and caught her by her wrists, pulling her next to me.

"Are you okay? Baby talk to me, what's wrong?", I asked her worried.
"Jet lag...I hate planes...", she murmured.
"Are you sure? Here have some water.", I said pulling a bottle from the mini fridge.
"Yes, jet lag and this unbearable heat! That's why I prefer London above all places. I like the sun but I can't stand the heat."
"You know we are alone for a while so why don't we just sit and relax and then go pick up Robin and have a bite to eat?"
"Sounds like a plan...", she said wrapping her arms around me and laying her head on my chest.

We stood there for a half an hour until my phone started ringing. Mark...

"He can wait.", I said rejecting the call and turning back to her.

But Mark couldn't wait. He called again.

"Mark hey, what's wrong?....what?....where?....what do you mean she is nowhere?...we will be right there!"
"What's wrong?", asked Nina panicked.
"Robin...she's missing...the lads looked everywhere for her but she is missing."
"What do you mean my daughter is missing? I knew I shouldn't have let her go alone! What happened?", she said getting off the bed and putting a pair of shoes on.
"One minute she was talking to Agnes and the next she went missing...I have no idea what happened but she can't be far...right? She is a child....", I said pulling out my hoodie and opening the hotel door.
"A child? You obviously don't know my child...did they call the police?"
"Not yet...let's get there first and we will see what it's all about."

We got into a car and as we were driving to the stadium I saw a familiar silhouette walking down the street holding a familiar guitar, my guitar...

"Pull the car here! There she is!!!", I screamed to the driver.

I jumped out of the car and ran straight to her followed by Nina. We both hugged her and I asked her what happened. Nina could barely stop herself from crying when she saw her.

"What happened? Why did you run away from the stadium? Did anyone hurt you?",she asked hugging her again.
"I'm fine...I just...Can I talk to Danny please?"
"Sure hun. What happened?", I said hugging her again.
"You don't love us...don't you? We are just a charity case for you, something to pass your time right?"
"What? Who told you something like that?"
"You in a tweet!", she shouted back at me.

Danny O'Donoghue:<<chilling in Aussie, doing charity work! Fun fun fun!>>