Chapter 36-Strike Two

Danny's POV

"Who's the chick?", asked Mark as I slammed the door.
"My next door neighbour."
"She's kinda hot."
"Kinda hot and obnoxious. God! I was just singing the other night and playing the piano and she just knocked at my door and told me to keep quiet! At 6 in the evening."
"Maybe she's just tired from work.", said Glen trying to cool down the situation.
"Or maybe...she is just a frustrated woman who wants me to be as quiet as a mouse! Jesus! I come here every once and now and I can't even do anything in my apartment!"
"Dan, she is used to her quiet I can get that. Let's cool it down okay?", said Glen setting aside the drum kit.
"Frustrated or not she is smoking hot! How come you didn't make a move?", asked Mark again.
"Because I wouldn't date her not even if someone paid me to! Now she fucked up my mood!"
"Come on Dan...we were making a lot of noise after all...and it is rather late. I should head back home.", said Glen after a couple of minutes of thinking.
"Seriously Glen? You're such a buzzkill!!", I said taking another swig of wine straight from the bottle.
"What are you thinking about?", asked Mark.
"I'm trying to figure out which one between my neighbour and Glen is more of a buzzkill!"
"Dan, your neighbour was right it's 12 in the middle of the night!"
"God! Okay, okay!"

Just as I said those words I heard her door slamming and a set of steps running down the stairs. I hurried to the window and I caught her just as she was going straight towards a tall, lanky guy.

Funny for me to describe him like that because I was just as tall, maybe taller and just as lanky as he was. They chatted for a couple of minutes and I couldn't help myself from spying.
Their chat soon turned into a full time fight.

"What makes you think I want to listen to anything your sorry ass has to tell me?"
"Babes, just for...", I could hear him saying.
"NOT EVEN FOR A MERE SECOND! YOU CHEATED ON ME! WITH MY FUCKING FRIEND!I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A SINGLE WORD COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! I THINK I MADE MYSELF PRETTY DAMN CLEAR!"

I hit the ashtray by accident which fell to the ground, smashing into a million pieces. I tried to get away from the window but she caught me just as I hit my head in the sill.

"ENJOYING THE SHOW FUCKTARD?", she screamed as she flipped the middle finger straight at me.

I let her go for that slip because I knew better than anyone how she felt. She was running away from him, trying to make a new life without him. He, obviously wanted her back. Same old story...we've all been through that...I couldn't help but feeling sorry for her.

I heard her footsteps on the hallway, damn those paper thin walls...she was so right to complain. But it didn't quite end as I expected, with her going inside her apartment. Nope, she knocked furiously at my door.
I opened the door slowly and snook my head between the crack of the door only to get a slap on my face.

"This is for fucking snooping around. What the fuck! Are you mental or what? Jesus!! Not only you are a retard, but you're a freak as well!"
"Why'd ye do that for?", I asked her rubbing my jaw.
"You want a full explanation to that? For real? Isn't it obvious?", she replied her eyes sparkling with anger.

Short note: I will never, ever, EVER snoop on my neighbours again.

"I heard you talking loud and I thought you were in trouble. After all...it's nice to help your neighbours. Right?"
"I don't need your help, I can take care of myself thank you! You should mind your own business!", she said storming to her apartment.

"Quite a tough cookie...", said Mark as I closed the door.
"She slapped me!", I exclaimed.

Mark and Glen both started laughing, holding their hands on their stomachs, tears falling from their eyes as I was still rubbing my jaw.