One of the Many Secrets Revealed

I looked back and forth between the three of them. “And I’m the only one who hasn’t know about this?”

Naomi nodded. “Pretty much.”

“I--I--”

“You don’t know how to respond, do you?” Naomi asked, getting out her extendable staff and twirling it, still in it’s smaller form. It looked like a baton.

“Of course I don’t.” I snapped, crossing my arms. “And stop reading my mind!”

Sophie laughed. “It’s crazy how she does that, ya know?”

I glared at her. I can’t stop this madness.

Shuffling came into sound and I saw Mii-wa exit the room using the manhole cover. I wanted to stop her but knew I couldn’t because she was our Sensei and only Naomi had a chance at beating her.

As she closed the cover after her, I waved my hands, trying to clear my head. “So you’ve been seeing Sophie here for a month?”

“Yeah.” Naomi and Sophie said together.

I sighed heavily, turned around and began pacing. Naomi. Sophie. Naomi. Sophie. Sneaking off. Training. Naomi. Sophie. Sneaking off. “Her”. Naomi. Sophie. My mind just couldn’t grasp it! I was furious! I just couldn’t explain it!

“You know,” Naomi said, putting her staff up. “You can just calm down and start muttering to yourself. Or ask questions.”

Furiously, and without thinking, I pointed at her and she instinctively ducked. Sophie laughed and I growled, “You had better not even speak with me in your casual tone right now! I am furious!”

“Couldn’t tell.” Naomi grunted, getting up and brushing herself off. She came up to me and closed to finger into a fist. “I understand if you’d want to hit me, but this is why I kept you from her: Your anger.”

“Oh, so now you predict the future now, is that it?” I snapped, yanking my hand away from her touch. “You know how confused the boys will be after they see her?”

“Boys?” Sophie asked.

Naomi turned to look at her, “Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Leonardo.”

“Oh yeah.” Sophie nodded. “You’ve told me about them. My brain sorta was off on its own there.”

“And we both like one.” Naomi said. “Mikito with Mikey--”

“And your annoying shell-like lies with Raph.” I finished for her. She looked at me a little weirdly. “You two are pretty much perfect for one another considering you are just the creepy, always calm and lying while Raph is scary, hotheaded and truthful. Ever heard the expression ‘opposites attract’?”

Her normally calm and relaxed blue eyes turned a harsh and mean-looking dark blue. It nearly merged in with her bandana. Sophie sensed the pressure and got up and walked toward the manhole cover.

“You,” Naomi growled in a scary register. “Are one not usually to explode so quickly.” She took a step forward, getting her staff out and extending it to its full length. “Unless you want your anger out now, I suggest you keep quiet.”

I gulped. Although Naomi can be scary when her mood suddenly changes, I haven’t really seen her like this. Her eyes had this hardness in them that made sure she wanted no mercy. It scared me and Sophie too, for she opened the manhole cover and jumped down in the darkness.

“Naomi…” I tried. With a few quick blinks, her eyes returned to their natural calm and river-like blue. “Can we fight this out later?”

Her gaze seemed a little hazy. She looked around. “Sophia?”

“Here.” Sophie said, her head popping out from the cover. “I didn’t like the pressure building.”

Naomi waved her off. “No matter. Let us be off.” she said to me.

“What about Sophie?” I asked, gesturing, not pointing, to her.

“What about her?”

“Shouldn’t Raph, Donnie, Mikey and Leo know her?”

“Yeah!” Sophie agreed from the cover.

Naomi looked at each of us. And she made the mistake of looking at me again when my really large and begging eyes were being used. She looked at me, turned away and groaned. “You really get on my nerves. She can come…”

“Yay!” me and Sophie cheered. Although I questioned why I said yay at that point, I now know that I really did have a soft spot for Sophia already.