Down In Blood

Kraang tried to get in and we all tried to keep them out. Naomi took the main door that had handles. Raph, Leo, Mikey, me, and Sophie all tried to keep them out by keeping the walls and a single sliding window, which I took, protected.

“Donnie!” Leo shouted. “Do you think you can get this thing started?”

Donnie looked at Leo. “Are you crazy? These tracks are dead! They don’t have any power!”

“What about the Power Cell?” Sophie asked, looking at Leatherhead.

Leatherhead gave Donnie the Cell and Donnie looked at it. I punched away a Kraang as he said, “I’d need time, though.”

From beside Donnie, Leatherhead growled, “I will buy you time.” then he came toward Naomi who moved just enough so he could get through. As soon as Leatherhead pushed past, she closed the door and took out her staff, extending it.

Without thinking, she put her staff between the handles then bent her staff to make sure that they wouldn’t slide open. The sound made me loose concentration from what I was doing. A Kraang slipped his hand through a small gap and punched me down. It almost hit me with the built-in chainsaw that are on their guns, but it got kicked away.

“No you don’t!” Naomi growled. She kicked the Kraang back out, but before she could close the window again, I heard the familiar sound of the Kraang gunshot and Naomi cry out, “Gyah!” she hit the opposite wall of the trolley.

Sophie came up and closed the window, protecting my spot. I looked at Naomi sitting on the ground, not moving at all beside her breathing. Her hand was placed on the bottom left of her front shell. A deep red liquid was running through her fingers.

“Naomi!” I cried as Donnie shouted, “Got it!”

My voice died down as Donnie slammed the Power Cell against some wires to make it lurch forward. Everyone was sent to the back of the trolley; the force of the jerk was too strong. Naomi somehow managed to land in my lap.

Everyone screamed for a few seconds by just the pure power of speed we were going. Donnie had to find the brake and yank it down. When we stopped, everyone was breathing hard and they went to open the top to see where they were. Only me and Naomi stayed below. They talked in low voices, but I paid no heed.

In my lap, Naomi was coming to, breathing hard and groaning, “It hurts.” she complained. “Something actually happens to me, and it hurts.”

“Is this what you were talking about when you were saying your future predictions?” I asked.

She nodded. “And the reason why I didn’t want to tell you.”

“Tell her what?” Sophie asked, coming down. She took one look at Naomi and cried, “No! Naomi!”

Everyone heard that and came down. They all were perished, I saw it in their expressions. It made me shed a tear. Besides me, Raph was the worst. He fell down to his knees and stared at Naomi.

Mikey came up, “Does it hurt?”

Naomi’s sharp eyes landed, and glared, at him. It made him take a large step back, “Does it looked like it hurts?”

“Not a time to talk, Mikey…” I muttered. What was I thinking? Naomi wasn’t dying, was she?

“Well, sorry if  I wanted to see if she was okay.” Mikey continued.

“Does it look like I’m okay!? Ow…” Naomi flinched and her head fell back against my arm. “We need to get out of here.”

“Sophie,” Leo said. “Find some bandaging. Donnie, find a way to get his thing working again. Raph, Mikey, I need you to help me go out and push this thing with me until Donnie finds a way to get this thing going.”

Raph didn’t want to get up.

Leo came up and touched his shoulder, “Raph, I’m sorry, but sitting here isn’t helping.”

Nodding, Raph got up and the three went outside. Sophie came with some bandages she kept in a pocket just in case. Or maybe Naomi told her to keep them on her? But she knelt down and said, “This may hurt, okay, Naomi?”

No answer.

“Naomi?” I asked. Leo, Raph, and Donnie paused and looked at Naomi as well. “Naomi!?”

The reason was, without warning, she had fallen limp in my arms without me noticing.