Thoughts Drag You Down

Back at the lair, Raph was about to explode, I can tell. Naomi was sitting down on the couch, playing Donnie's laptop again. Sophie was behind her, trying to figure out what she was doing. 

"Journal?" she asked. 

Naomi just nodded and I got curious, walking over, but Naomi turned to another tab and then began to read some questions. I frowned and then sat down by Sophie. 

"Now they think we're scared out of our shells!" Raph complained. 

Without looking up, Naomi answered, "Well geez, can't tell with you complaining all the time." 

"Remind me again why you like him?" Sophie whispered lowly so Raph couldn't hear. 

"Reasons of mine own." Naomi answered, closing the laptop and getting up to find Donnie to give it back to him. 

"Well, it was either that or loose, Raph." Leo sighed from his place on the couch. 

"But all they know is fighting!" Raph growled. 

Naomi walked back in and walked past him, "So do you, why are you complaining?" 

Raph glared at her as she past him and leaned up against the wall with her head lowered, eyes closed, and arms crossed. Meditating again. 

"Raphael," Splinter said to him, coming in. Mii-wa, as always, was behind him. "They may cross boundaries that you would think to cross, but sometimes it's best to stay uncrossed." 

"But, Sensei." Raph whined. 

Splinter shook his head. "No. You will not cross those boundaries." 

Raph bowed his head, "Aye, Sensei." 

Then Sophie looked at Naomi. It made me look at her as well. Her eyes were opened. Without really explaining anything, she took off toward the door. 

"Whoa!" Raph said as she flew past, almost loosing his balance and falling down. "Where are you going?" 

No answer and she turned down the railway, heading to the surface. 

"Should we follow her?" Leo asked. 

Donnie and Mikey came into view. "What happened?" 

"I don't know." Sophie said. "But we're following Naomi, guys." 

"That seems like a swell idea." Donnie nodded. "Let's go!" 

"I make those decisions!" Leo said. 

Quickly, we took to the surface. Naomi was waiting for us as we climbed out of the manhole, but as soon as Sophie closed it, she took off again. We followed her the best we could. 

"Wait up, Naomi!" Sophie called out. 

"For once, I'm agreeing!" I said, somewhat out of breath. 

"Does anyone know where she's headed?" Leo asked. 

We each shook our heads. Donnie then grabbed something out of a pouch of his and looked at it, "April wants us to meet her in front of Moracami's." 

"We're already headed that way..." Leo trailed off. 

"Then I think that's where Naomi is headed." Sophie put together. 

Nodding, we followed Naomi more confidently. She stopped on a roof near the amazing restaurant. I looked down and saw April pacing in front of the front door. We jumped down and she turned to us. 

"Thank goodness!" she exclaimed. 

"What's wrong?" Leo asked. 

"Moracami-san's gone and someone left a note." 

"Where?" Donnie asked. 

She led us in and there was a yellow-papered note sticking to the wall by a knife. Leo ripped it off and read it aloud: "'No more running. We have the blind guy in our possession and if you want him back, meet us on the roof of the fortune cookie shop tonight. If you don't, well, that's your problem.' signed X. Do you know what this means?" 

"A free knife!" Mikey announced. 

"No." Leo shook his head. I patted Mikey's shoulder as he slouched a little. "It means that they crossed the line and dragged Moracami into this battle." 

"So what do we do?" Sophie asked. 

"We show them that we can cross the line as well." Leo nodded. 

Naomi smirked. "No more Mr. Nice Turtle?" 

Leo shook his head. 

"Yes!" Raph pounded his knuckled into his palm. "Never liked Mr. Nice Turtle." 

"Figures." I rolled my eyes. 

"So what first?" Sophie asked. 

We thought about that. 

"Mikey." Leo turned to him. "What time does Chris usually get out of his dojo?" 

Mikey looked at the clock. "Around now. Why?" 

"You'll see." 

So we left the restaurant, Leo leading us this time. I was partly thankful because he didn't go as fast as Naomi. Her and Sophie ran beside me, Mikey in front of me. We went to the Chris Bradford dojo that we saved Mikey from a few weeks back, and waited. 

As Chris left the dojo, Leo turned to Mikey. "Now, Mikey, do you know why we're here?" 

A thoughtful look passed his expression and his eyes kept darting back and forth like he was deep in thought. Speaking of thought, I turned to Naomi who was shaking her head and, I can tell, about to snap on Mikey. 

"Casual Mikey..." she muttered. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Pizza, video games, skateboard, you, pizza, pizza, and you." she answered. "That's what his mind is trying to process." 

Raph looked at her. "And what am I thinking?" 

Naomi looked at him and crossed her arms, "Putting Chris in a trash can and wrapping it up with chains." 

An unbelievable look just slapped itself on Raph's face. He crossed his arms and looked like he was about to pout. "Nice." 

"Sounds like a good idea though." Leo nodded. "Mikey, did you get that? 

"Yes." Mikey said. 

"You sure?" 

"Yes." 

"What was it?" 

Another thoughtful look passed Mikey's expression. 

"Oi..." Naomi sighed. "Can we go now before he gets away?" 

"Yeah." Leo cleared his throat. "Let's go." 

We all jumped down. Naomi grabbed a trash can from an alley and as we blocked Chris from leaving more than he was, Naomi jumped into the air, slamming the can over Chris's head. Sophie slammed the lid down before he could get out. Raph grabbed some chains and wrapped them around with the help of Mikey. 

Raph, Mikey, and Naomi tried to move it like that, but then Naomi let go and Raph and Mikey dropped it, the can falling on its side and rolling a little ways away. 

"Sorry..." Mikey said. 

Naomi shook her head and Raph said, "Don't apologize to him." 

"Oh," Mikey said, thinking of a way to counter that. "Well, sorry I didn't drop you harder!" 

"There you go." Raph smirked. Naomi nodded her head and then her and Raph began to roll the can to where we needed to go: the fortune cookie shop. As they rolled, Raph asked, "How you holding up in there?" A muffled answer came and Naomi held in a laugh and Raph looked at Naomi before smiling, "Good."