Turtles Aren't Slow

Well I was right about Naomi and Sophie meeting us, because as Donnie moved the manhole cover to go up, Naomi opened the cover instead. "Hello." she smiled. 

Donnie cried out and fell backward. Mikey helped him up and Sophie came into view, "Where you guys headed?" 

"April's wanting to show us this place." I explained. 

"I wanna come!" Sophie announced, getting out of the way so we could come up. 

We went up, Donnie helping April up. Then as soon as her feet touched the concrete, April turned down one road without much warning. Naomi kicked the cover back in place as we ran to catch up with April. 

Instinct took in and we all went ninja, avoiding most light places. Eventually, Naomi had scared every single one of us by her appearing where we were going to hide, or was just there. Then when April was tired of waiting for us, she sighed and stopped in front of a movie theatre. 

"Would you guys hurry up?" she asked. 

"Are you saying turtles are slow?" Donnie asked back. 

"That's a hurtful stereotype." Mikey whined. 

Naomi scoffed from her place behind Raph, who jumped and turned to her as she said, "Surprised you know what that means." 

Leo looked around the corner, "No, April, we just like to keep a low profile. People have a better life knowing we don't exist." 

"But we do." I said. 

"Not your mind." Naomi piped up. 

"Quiet." Leo snapped. 

"Well, the person we're going to see is blind, so he won't be able to see you." April explained a little. 

"That's awesome!" Mikey exclaimed before changing it to, "I mean for us anyway..." from a smack given by Raph. 

I spoke up, "Where are we even going?" 

"Not a place to smash heads." April replied. 

"Aw." I heard Raph complain. 

Naomi sorta shrugged and jumped over Raph and Mikey using Raph's shoulders then landing on Mikey's head using a foot before flipping off of him, landing on the ground squarely and walking into more shadows. We all avoided that shadow, fearful that she might appear any time. She did, only coming out of an alleyway. 

"How do you keep coming from nowhere?!" Raph exclaimed. 

Sophie came up, "It's one of her many secrets." 

I shook my head, "Then I doubt we would want her as an opponent, eh guys?" 

Everyone agreed. I looked at Naomi and she had this unexplainable look in her gaze that told me that part of that was already true... Only in the next second, that look was gone and her usual hard-to-tell-what-she-was-thinking look came through again. She fell in step behind Leo. 

I came up to Donnie, "I think we need another invention..." 

"Why?" he asked. "And what is it this time?" 

"A mind reading machine." 

"Isn't that already Naomi?" 

"No." I sighed. "Like a turtle-made machine. Not a Mutagen-made machine." 

Naomi slowed down, "And what makes you think I'm a machine?" 

Donnie stiffened and hurried his step as April began to slow down. I began to hear things being smashed and some low voices. 

"Oh, no." April sighed. 

"What? Who are they?" Donnie asked. 

"They call themselves the Purple Dragons, and they also think they run the streets around here." April answered. 

"If dragons were purple, they wouldn't be able to hide well, would they?" Naomi asked. 

Donnie looked at her, "Well, unless they had color changing scales--" 

"Guys," Leo interrupted. "We gotta help." 

Then we all busted in and interrupted the gang members. They looked at us in shock. "Geez! Those guys weren't kidding that they're turtles!" one said. 

"You know about us?" Leo asked. 

"Guys! We're famous!" Mikey announced. 

"That's bad." Donnie sighed. 

"Oh, yeah... I knew that." 

"Sure." Naomi rolled her eyes. 

"Get them!" the leader pointed at us.