Hesitation

“For once, you’re not asking that about Naomi.” Raph said.

“No kidding.” Sophie agreed.

We all looked at the subway entrance and got the point.

“We gotta save him!” I cried, running down the tunnel. I turned around before I turned and saw Naomi stock still. “Naomi, come on!”

She shook her head. We all walked over to her, trying to drag her, but she was like a boulder. Her eyes were wide and scared. At this point, I forgot about listening to Naomi. I just wanted to save Mikey.

Sophie even tried, “Naomi, come on! We gotta go!”

Naomi shook her head. Sophie and I even tried the begging eyes, but again, no movement came from her.

“Naomi,” Raph said. We looked at him. “We have to go or Mikey may be in serious danger.”

That had Naomi and she lowered her head, shuddered, and nodded slowly, “F--Fine.”

We ran down the tunnel to where Leatherhead and Mikey headed. Soon, we hit a place where there seemed to be a dozen or more abandoned trolley’s. Getting closer, we could hear music and voices.

Raph opened the door and we all jumped in, “Let Mikey go, Leatherhead,” Raph growled, pointing a Sais lazily at the mutant. “Or I’ll make you the ugliest shopping bag.”

“Seems a little harsh.” Sophie said.

“Please!” Leatherhead said. “I mean Michelangelo no harm!”

“I followed Leatherhead.” Mikey smiled at us.

“I just hate the Kraang.” Leatherhead said. “I will explain.”

“Please do.” I said, going over to Mikey.

“When I was young, a nice boy owned me. But his parents found me and flushed me down to the sewers where the Kraang found me.” Leatherhead growled. “They mutated me into this and performed horrible experiments. One day, I broke out and took the Power Cell, the thing they use to travel across dimensions.”

“What is the Power Cell?” Sophie asked.

“This.” Leatherhead showed us the cylinder with the diamond inside. “Without this, they cannot bring anything from their dimension to Earth.”

“That’s good news.” I nodded.

Then that’s when I noticed Naomi was shaking, but trying to control it. I was about to ask why when suddenly, there was banging on the outside of the trolley and the familiar voice of the Kraang, “Give Kraang back the Power Cell that Kraang wants.”

“It’s the Kraang!” Mikey yelled.

“NO!” Naomi screamed.