Up to Our Heads?

"Wait, a giant pigeon?" I asked. "Like, mutated pigeon, right?" 

April nodded. "He had these claws that were so sharp. And I ran into a building with a glass wall and doors. I stayed there, thinking I was safe, but then he just rammed into the glass, knocking himself out. He landed on the ground so I went out. He looked at me then flew off. It was a giant pigeon." 

Raph started laughing. I looked over and Naomi was smiling with him. 

"Now why would an ugly mutant want to chase my April?" Donnie slammed his foot down and we all looked at him. 

"Smooth." Sophie told him. 

"But it was so scary." April looked pained. 

Mikey came up to her. "Do you need a tissue? I'll get you a tissue." then he threw a smoke bomb on the ground. A few seconds passed and he came back. "We have no tissues." 

"Mikey," Donnie growled. "Stop it." 

I looked at Mikey and nodded. He sighed and I patted him gently. Suddenly, he jumped up, "I'll get Master Splinter." 

"Mikey we don't--" I tried, but he was already gone, Splinter in his place. 

"Michelangelo said you wanted to see me?" Splinter asked. 

Mii-wa came from the dojo with a shocked expression on her face. Mikey came out after her. She must be trying to catch up her father-daughter time with Splinter. Or she's just been to the surface. 

So April retold her story, making Raph laugh again at the end and Naomi smirk. Splinter, being behind Raph, whacked the back of his head with his emerald staff. "This is a serious matter, Raphael. April could have been seriously hurt." 

"We need a plan to lure that thing in so we can get some answers." Leo said, thinking about some options. 

"Oo! I know!" Mikey announced, raising his hand and jumping up and down a little. "We sprinkle bread crumbs. Pigeons love break crumbs." 

"No, Mikey." Leo sighed. "We need a better plan than bread crumbs." 

"I have an idea." Donnie piped up. 

"When do you not?" Naomi shoved in. 

Donnie glared at her. "Well because the pigeon man wants April, I say we give him to her." 

"What?!" Mikey and I practically screamed. Then at the same time, we also got up and blocked April from Donnie. Mikey spread his arms out, blocking me from Donnie as well and said, "No way, I thought you liked April?" 

"Y-yeah." April said from behind us. 

"No, no." Donnie tried to reassure us. "I mean we just set her out as bait and when the pigeon comes up, we'll take him down." 

"Sounds simple enough." Sophie nodded. "But like they said, I thought you liked April." 

"You haven't known Donnie long enough for that..." Naomi muttered. "But at least you're getting an idea." 

Leo looked at Naomi and Sophie before looking at Donnie and April. "The plan will have to do. Let's go guys." 

We began to head out when Splinter stopped us. "I think you need to stay down here tonight." 

We all stopped and looked at Splinter. Leo was the one to speak, "But why, Sensei?" 

"I think you are over your heads in this." 

I stiffened and remembered what Naomi had said that one night:

Naomi was silent. I heard her breathing deeply. "I think Mikito saw the other one." 

"What other one?" Mii-wa paused. "Oh. That other one." 

"We're advancing too soon." Naomi sighed. "Soon, we'll all be above our heads in either water or blood!"

Mikey noticed me stiffen and came over to me. "You okay?" 

I shook my head. "Yeah." I lied. "Fine." I looked at Naomi and her blue eyes looked straight through my soul is what it seemed like. 

She blinked and shrugged as Leo continued, "Sensei, we've fought a ninja army, aliens, robots, and giant weed monsters. I think we're just that good." 

Then Leo turned and left. I looked at Mii-wa and Naomi. They were exchanging glances that told me Mii-wa remembered that night as well. I grabbed Naomi's shell and headed out. As we left the view of the Sensei's, Naomi slapped my hand away and ran off to catch up with the others. 

I wasn't exactly so sure about tonight.