Welcome Sophia

I saw Mikey at the corner of my eye tackle Naomi off me. I quickly got up and held on to my single sword with both hands. Naomi was being held down by Mikey, but it didn’t last as Naomi kneed Mikey in the back of his shell and made him roll off her. She kicked him away and jumped upright again.

We were in the middle of the battle, but Mikey wanted in it. Not such a smart idea. For those of you who don’t know who Mikey is, he’s the jokester of the group, and whom I like. For weapons, he uses the double nun chucks. His full name is Michelangelo, but only Splinter and Mii-wa uses it. He has an orange headband that’s cut short and sky-blue eyes.

“Hey!” I heard Raph call out as he saw what was going on. He ran at Naomi as well. She sidestepped him and kicked a foot out to trip him. He fell flat on Mikey.

Now Raph on the other hand, is short tempered, a hothead and uses his muscles and force more than anything. Naomi likes him, but it ponders me why. His weapon choice is the double, and very difficult, Sais. Raph’s name is Raphael, but, again, only Splinter and Mii-wa usually call him that. He has a red bandana that’s a little shredded on the ends and green eyes.

“So you know how to avoid normal blows, but not the casual tripping?” Naomi asked. “Oh, and welcome home.”

Sophie, who was watching happily in front of the tree waved at us all as Donnie and Leo walked in. “Hi!”

“Who’s this?” Leo asked.

Leo is the leader of the boys as Naomi is to us girls. He and I like to watch a show together called Space Heroes. We always debate on our favorite characters: Captain Ryan for Leo and I still am deciding because I’ve seen so few episodes. Usually he’s calm and collected, sorta like Naomi, but him and Raph like to get in heated arguments about his orders. His weapons, like me, are double Katana’s, but his don’t connect at the hilts like mine. He wears a blue bandana and has a shade darker blue of Mikey’s eyes.

“This is Sophia,” Naomi said, putting a foot on Raph’s shell. “Or Sophie if you’re too lazy to use her full name.”

“Well, we use our nicknames with each other, so we’ll use Sophie’s nickname.” Donnie said. “Is that fine?”

Donnie is the all-you-can-absorb-through-your-head kinda guy. He knows everything. And enjoys it when none of us know what he’s talking about. Eventually, he’s gotta dumb it down for all of us to get. He likes April, who’ll come into play later, hopefully with pizza. His weapon choice is a wooden bo staff, not metal like Naomi’s, but wooden and stick-like. A purple headband and dark brown eyes that, if reflected off the light correctly, looks a little red-brown.

“Of course.” Sophie beamed.

Mikey beamed back, who was off the ground, and I grew a little mad. Looking at Sophie, everyone grew silent.

“Soooo, explain to me one more time who she is and how she got here?” Leo asked.

“Sophia is a turtle that Mii-wa hid from us.” I explained a little more. “Apparently, there was still some Mutagen inside our little case she had us in, bought Sophie and put her in it to see about the same results. She didn’t want to put Sophie with us, scared that Naomi might beat on her. She hid her in an abandoned building not far, and us in the sewers. Naomi has been meeting her for nearly a month, training with her.”

“That helps.” Donnie nods. “Thanks.”

I nod back. “No problem.”

Naomi looked at me and Mikey before smirking, “I wanna see you two fight.”

Raph and everyone but me and Mikey nodded in agreement. Why are we outvoted?