A Minus Team

Baxter looked at the three that just dropped down, “When did you loose my Mousers?”

“We didn’t.” Leo said as they poured down from the glass as well.

More irony. And the robot things were apparently called Mousers. But they sounded like cats wailing! What’s up with technology?

I saw Naomi come toward us. She took Sophie down, then Donnie, me, and Mikey. I hugged her and she groaned, pulling me off her before joining the heat. While we were fighting, most of the Mousers went for Naomi, Raph, and Leo.

“What’s up with the Mousers after you?” I finally asked.

Leo replied, “I don’t know. Stockman sprayed this stuff on us and ever since then, they’ve been coming at us non-stop.”

Donnie slashed one with his own blade of his bo staff then observed the top point on their heads. “Sensors for carbon particles.” again, I’m not really one hundred percent positive that’s what he said, but he looses me when he starts his scientific talk. “That’s what he sprayed you with.”

“Thanks for the info, Donnie!” Naomi grunted, throwing off six Mousers off her. “How do you get rid of it?”

“You can’t.” Donnie continued. “It wears off gradually, but if you spray someone else with it, it’ll create a stronger signal and the Mousers may go after them instead.”

“Stockman.” Sophie growled, slashing two off Leo. He thanked her and went off to battle more. She turned to him and he got out a canister.

Naomi grabbed me and pushed me out of the way as Raph, who was behind me, threw ninja stars at the canister. Red smoke filled the gap between Dogpound and Stockman. They choked for a few seconds before growing used to it.

Soon, the Mousers slowed their attack and turned to our enemies and yowled at them. Dogpound grabbed April’s phone, but Naomi threw a ninja star at it, making it land on a box, shattering into a few pieces.

“Sorry, Dogpound,” Donnie said, coming up beside her. “Your call just got dropped.”

The Mousers came at them and Dogpound tried to fight them, but gave up as they began to gnaw on his tail. He ran out carrying Baxter. Naomi looked a little trouble as she went to go pick up the pieces to April’s phone.

 Raph came up behind Mikey and Donnie and wrapped his arms around their shoulders, “For now on, you guys are the A minus team!”

Donnie looked at Sophie and me, “I think that’s the best we’ll get out of him.”

Then Raph let go of Donnie and began to give Mikey a noogie to the head. He cried out in pain and I wanted to stop them, but Naomi came up to me, giving me the phone pieces.

We headed back to the lair worn out and wanting to rest. Leo explained what happened to Splinter and Mii-wa, who decided to show her face again for once.

“Now you know what it means to choose your battles poorly.” Splinter said to us.

“Yeah.” Sophie agreed. “I’m keeping everyone close together.”

Naomi was on the couch, either sleeping or meditating, but by the looks of it, sleeping. Mikey was beside her, poking her gently on the back of the neck, laughing silently for getting away with it. Raph didn’t do anything about it and I wouldn’t blame him. Naomi would get mad then most likely go on a rampage.

“It’s a good thing we got April’s phone back, though,” I smiled.

“You did?” I heard her voice come in, coming right for me.

“Yep,” I replied and showed her the phone. As she reached for it, it shattered into the dozen pieces.

Leo came up beside me an said, “It’s important that it didn’t land in the wrong hands.”

“Thanks.” April said, not at all pleased.

Donnie then came up, “It’s okay, April. You can have one of my custom-built T-Phones.” he showed her one.

“Whoa. Thanks, Donnie.”

I butted in this time, “Just don’t say T-Phone Self destruct.”

Then the phone shortened out in her hand and everyone, except Naomi and Mikey, glared at me. I smiled and retreated, giving Donnie the broken phone parts.

That’s when the wail escaped Naomi’s mouth. We all froze and stood in place as she sat up, pain written on her face. Suddenly, her eyes flew open and she was breathing hard. Her pupils were as small as when she realized she couldn’t read Shredder’s mind.

“Naomi?” I asked, coming up to her. Mikey had backed up and fallen off the couch.

She looked at me, her movements quick and jerky. Her eyes were unfocused and in pain. I was even scared. I put my hand on her shoulder and she blinked a few times, shaking head.

“No, no, no, no, no…” she muttered.

“Naomi?” Raph asked, coming up.

Her gaze turned back and forth between us. “I’m… I’m sorry.” she muttered, looking at the floor. “I’m just tired. That’s all.”

Slowly, she got up and struggled to her room. Raph helped her most of the way because halfway there, she paused and shuddered. They disappeared behind her door and everyone was watching it. Raph exited and looked at us and shrugged.

“Is it just me,” Sophie said. “Or is she getting worse with getting creepier?”

We all nodded slowly. I went to help Mikey up and recover. I was getting tired so I decided to go to bed. Before I passed my room, I looked at Naomi’s room and heard her mutter again, “No, no, no, no, no…”