Questions Yet to be Solved

The next day after Naomi had her fight with Splinter, we were all healed and wanted to go up to the surface. So when we began to head up, Splinter stopped us.

“Where are you going?” Splinter asked, coming into view. Mii-wa wasn’t with him. Maybe to the surface.

Leo looked up at him, “To do our nightly patrol. We haven‘t exactly done it in a while.”

“You will not go up tonight.”

We were all a little confused. I mean, we’ve been stuck down here for five days and we wanted up! Well, Naomi had appeared there a few times and Leo, me, Mikey, and Sophie had went to the skating rink, but that was because we wanted to stretch our limbs! We didn’t actually do anything.

“But, Sensei.” Leo started.

“No excuses!” Splinter snapped. “You are to stay down here and train. You are lucky to be alive and now that Shredder knows you, he will stop at nothing to try and kill you.”

“Come on, Sensei.” Raph began, but Splinter grabbed Raph and pinned his arm behind his back. Raph looked like he was in pain as he tried to get away.

“You will stay down here and practice!” Splinter ended, letting Raph go. He hurried over to the place Naomi was, but she was gone. Already up to the surface.

Splinter walked away and we all sighed.

“How come Naomi never gets in trouble for going up when we can’t?” Sophie asked. “Honestly.”

So we all headed into the dojo with Splinter watching us carefully. I learned a few things I didn’t know, so I guess it was a somewhat win-win situation. After a few hours, Naomi came back and joined us.

Sophie glared at her, “How come you don’t get in trouble?”

“I do, though.” Naomi answered.

“Of course you will.” Mii-wa came in and whacked Naomi upside the head. “You need to listen to Splinter too. Shredder is after all of you.”

Mii-wa left and left Naomi rubbing the back of her head where Sensei slapped her. Her blue eyes looked a little evil and she had this smirk on her face. “You have no idea how much of that is true.” I heard her mutter.

After she said that, she looked at me. Her smirk vanished and she walked off, getting out her staff and twirling it boredly. I watched her off and noticed she was talking with herself.

“Mikito.” Sophie said, snapping her fingers in front of my face. I came to. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” I cleared my throat. “Fine.”

“Okay…”

We heard footsteps and April came in. “Guys! The Purple Dragons have a plan!”

“That can’t be good.” I muttered.