Water Balloons

When we had all the Go-Carts, or Patrol Buggies, back in the lair, Mikey brought pizza and began to chow down. Everyone else joined with, but it tasted a little different. Leo had the guts to ask, “Mikey, where’d you get this pizza?”

“It’s the pizza April threw away.” Mikey replied innocently. I paused as the others spit it out quickly. “What? You live in a sewer. Oh well, more for me.”

I swallowed, but didn’t take any more. I set the piece I had down for Mikey to take, and went to go by Sophie.

Splinter came in, “You did a good job to foil the plans of Shredder once more.”

“It was team work, really.” Leo said.

Naomi scoffed and flipped a ninja star through her fingers. “You guys love jinxing things, don’t you?”

We all looked at her. “Could you at least explain a little more?” I asked. She shook her head. “Course not. You’re Naomi.”

“Now you’re getting it.” she said, stopping the star and pointing it at me before continuing with spinning it around.

Even Splinter looked a little confused. He blinked then turned to Sophie and I, “You haven’t seen Mii-wa, have you?”

We both shook our heads. “Thought she was with you,” Sophie said.

He shook his head then turned back around. “You may continue doing your nightly patrols again.” We all began to celebrate before he continued, “As long as Michelangelo doesn’t throw that water balloon.”

Naomi looked up. “I thought I was the only mind reader here.”

Everyone glanced at Mikey then to Naomi, then at Splinter. Splinter walked away and Naomi got up, slipping the ninja star in a hidden pocket. She began to head out.

“Naomi!” Sophie called, getting up and going after. “You going out?”

“When do I not?” she asked.

“Can I come?”

Her blue eyes looked at Sophie before she nodded, “Sure.”

I got up and began to come over, “Can I come too?”

Both Sophie and Naomi looked at me and shook their heads, “No.”

They left and I stood there, wondering why I just couldn’t go after them when they were out of sight. I should try that next time. Mikey came up to me and gave me a water balloon.

“Wanna a water balloon fight?” he asked. “The other don’t want to. If I made them, I’d get chased.”

“Sure.” I smiled. “How many you got?”

“Plenty.” he grinned.

Without much talk, we walked down the subway entrance a little ways and then stopped and began the water balloon contest. Mikey won after he kept taking mine. I think he used seventy percent of the balloons, no joke.

We went back to the lair, soaked and not a hint of any bad feeling.