Forget Me

"Loving someone who doesn't love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on, the more it's going to hurt."

He saw her crying on the floor hugging her knees. She was helpless.

"Ms. Beaves? Are you...alright?" Prince asked with a hesitation.He knew that that was a very dumb question to ask.

"Iwan mo na ako, please. Bumalik kana dun sa girlfriend mo." Angel said while stopping herself from crying.

"Was it true? Totoo ba ang lahat ng sinabi niya?" Prince asked with concern.

"Huh? Alin dun?" Angel asked while wiping her tears away.

"Yung mahal mo daw ako?" He said as he was slowly walking towards her.

"Yun ba? Sus! Di yun totoo noh! At isa pa,ano naman ang pake mo sa feelings ko?" She said amiably still trying to smile.

Napakunot ang noo ni Prince. Alam niyang nagsisinungaling si Angel pero mas gusto niyang malaman ang katotohanan mula mismo kay Angel. He looked unconvinced which made Angel cry even more.

Pesteng lalaki toh oh! Lintik na pag-ibig nga naman! She thought.

"Bakit ba?! Wala kanang paki sa feelings ko noh! Kase alam mo? Ang manhid mo! Parang puno ng kalyo yang puso mo at di mo man lang napapansin ang nadarama ko para sayo!" She exclaimed as she grabbed her bag and stood up.

"I'm sorry.." He said as he bowed his head.

She laughed yet hurt inside. She felt broken yet tried to smile. She expected that he will tell the other way around. She expected that he'll tell her that he loves her. I've had enough movies and books. Happy endings and forever doesn't exist in real life. Life sucks and that's the truth! She thought.

"You know what, Prince? I understand, it's true. Nasobrahan lang siguro ako sa pag-didaydream sa forever natin. Ayoko na! Bawat sandali mas lalong sumasakit, kaya mas mabuti pa, bibitawan na kita." She said with a smile.

"Ms. Beaves..."

"Mr. Constia, I'm really greatful sa mga memories natin. Sa lahat ng palihim na sulyap ko at pagtitig sayo. I know I'm not your dream girl but I just want to tell you 'I love you' one last time."

"Angel, I'm really,really sorry..."

"Forget it. Forget everything I've told you. Forget me as well." She said and left. She left him blank and still standing.

Pesteng pag-ibig toh! Ayaw ko na! Naaawa na ako sa puso ko! She thought while marching at the hallways. She hid her face using her jacket hood and sat alone on the bench. She then suddenly felt a presence sitting beside her.

"Told you, he's a pain in the ass." Paul calmly said.

"Could you please leave me alone? I don't need you right now and you're not helping." Angel said as she crossed her arms below her chest.

"You were never a perfect girl. They never accepted you for who you are. What are you gonna do about it? Nganga kalang ba ng nganga sa mga basurang tinatapon nila sayo? Have guts for Pete's sake!" Paul blurted out.

"No guts? I was able to tell him what I feel and it was not ordinary for me! I'm just...I'm tired and sick of living in this world! I just want to hang myself to end my sufferings!" Angel said as she grabbed her bag and decided to go home.

"Ano nanamang kalokohan ang ginawa mo ha?" Her mother blurted out as she enters her room.

"Bakit yan nalang po ba ang parati niyong tingin sa akin? Hindi po ako kagaya niyo!" She exclaimed and tears fell as her mother landed a slap on her cheek.

Napailing nalang si Angel sa ginawa ng kanyang ina. She kept her thoughts and decided to go to her room but her mother pulled her hair.

"San ka pupunta?! Ang bastos mong bata ka!" Her mother said while drinking a bottle of whisky.

"Sorry, ma. Nagmana lang po ako sainyo." She replied sarcastically.

She didn't bother to wait for her mother's reply and went straight to her room. Itinapon niya ang kanyang sarili sa kama at napapikit. Nakakapagod na buhay toh! Ano bang ginawa ko at ganito ang nangyayari sa akin? She thought as she grabbed a pillow. Ibinaon niya nalang ang kanyang mukha sa unan at pumikit.

"Matutulog kanalang ba? Ganun nalang ba yun?"

Agad na napatayo si Angel at nakita si Paul na nakatayo malapit sa pinto ng kwarto niya.

"Pagod ako, okay? Pabayaan mo na ako, please!" She said as she was slowly falling asleep.

Nagising nalang siya nang may narinig na malakas na kalabog. She grabbed her blanket and leaned against the headboard.

"Wala kanalang alam kundi ang mambabae! Wala kang silbi!" She heared her mother cried out.

Tinakpan niya ang kanyang mga tenga at umiyak. Pagod na siya sa araw-araw na pag-aaway ng kanyang ina at ng kanyang amain. Nakakarindi na ang paulit-ulit na pag-aaway nila.

She never felt someone love her. Not even once in her life. She never knew her father cause all she know is that he left them. Her life got worse when her stepfather came into her life. She sometimes wonder if love does really exist and if it does, why does God didn't give her any of it? May nagawa ba siyang mali at di siya napatakan man lang ng pag-ibig nayan? If she could just buy love, she would spend the rest of her life just to save money for it.

Hindi ba sana ako ang nakalangoy ng mabilis sa sinapupunan ng mama ko at pinaparusahan niyo ako ng ganito?! She thought.

She expelled a heavy breath when the noise was gone. Silence was her favorite sound. She placed her self comfortably on her bed to prepare to go to sleep. She was about to close her eyes when she heard footsteps going to her room.Her heart stopped when someone turned the knob of her room and a devil entered the room with a grin. It was her stepfather...