Pretending

"The best way to not get your heart broken, is pretending you don't have one."

Angel looked at Prince's teary eyes. She was waiting for a response from him.

"What is it?" She said and looked at him intently.

She raised her brow and expelled a heavy breath. She rolled her eyes at him and continued puffing her cigarette.

"Tama na 'yan." He finally spoke but she didn't listen.

Napakunot ang noo ni Prince dahil di siya sinunod ni Angel. He slowly walked towards her.

"I said stop it!" He exclaimed which surprised her.

"You have no right to command me! Walang taong pwedeng mag-utos sa akin kung ano ang dapat kong gawin!" She said and continued puffing her cigarette.

Prince grabbed the cigarette from her hand and threw it on the ground and stomped it into dust.

"Are you effed up, Prince?! Ano bang gusto mo ha?!" She blurted out.

Prince became teary-eyed again. Angel was so confused and clueless about Prince's actions. 'Di niya alam kung anong nangyayari kay Prince.

"Bakit mo ba 'to ginagawa?" Sabi ni Prince.

"O c'mon! I was bored and got nothing else to do! Dapat ko pa bang i-explain kung bakit naninigarilyo ako dito? And besides, I wanted an alone time, but you my dear, broke the peace! Thank you!" She said sarcastically.

"Alam mo ang ibig kong sabihin,Angel."

"Ang alin? I don't want to waste my time playing with your stupid 'guess what?' games, Prince."

"Wag kangang pilosopa sa akin,Angel. Bakit mo ba 'to ginagawa ha?"

"Ang alin nga?!"

"Bakit mo ba pinalabas na patay kana? Bakit mo kami pinaniwala na wala kana? At ngayon, bigla kanalang magpapakita,ganun? What do you think about our feelings, laruan? Laruan na kaya mo lang manipulahin,ganun ba,Angel?"

"Wow! Sayo pa talaga nanggaling ang mga hugot sa feelings! What do you know about feelings huh,Prince? Sa pagkakaalam ko eh manhid ka! And besides, when I was gone, meron bang may pake? Wala! Pati yung mama kong gunggong, ewan ko kung nagluksa ba 'yun! Pareha lang kayong lahat!" She exclaimed and took a deep breath.

"Angel.."

"You know what? Wala kayong alam sa buhay ko! You have no right to judge me!" She exclaimed and walked away but Prince grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to his chest and hugged her.

"I missed you,Angel. I missed you so much." Prince whispered.

The teary-eyed Prince finally let go of his tears. Prince hugged Angel tight enough for her to hear his heartbeat. It was beating so fast like a crazy drum.

Angel was just paralyzed and didn't know what to do. She wasn't crying or anything. She was just feeling the warmth of his embrace.

"Let me go,Prince." She said but it made him hug her tighter.

"Di mo alam kung gaano ako nasaktan nung nawala ka. I felt guilty and annoyed about myself."

She pushed him away and stood still. She displayed a poker face.

"I don't care,Prince. If you're hurt,okay. It's none of my business."

"You don't understand--"

"Ano bang gusto mong gawin ko, ha? Do you want me to cry for you? Nakalimutan mo na ata ang sabi ko sa'yo dati. Angel dela Bueva is not going to cry for anyone else no more! She's tired of being the good girl. She's tired about her damn feelings! She's tired of having a heart that hurts!" She exclaimed and took a deep breath.

"You are not the Angel I know anymore."

"That's right. The Angel you knew is dead! The new Angel is stronger and wiser! Pain changed her and now, you better watch out." She said and smirked.

Napakunot nalang ang noo ni Prince dahil hindi na niya kilala ang kaharap niya. She was right. Iba na ang Angel dela Bueva na kaharap niya.

"If that's what you want,fine! You can pretend as long as you want if that would make you feel better. I'm sorry dahil alam kong isa ako sa mga taong nanakit sayo. I'm really sorry. I really am." He said and wiped his tears.

"You don't have to tell me because I will do what I want."

She took another stick of cigarette and a lighter. He shook his head and took the cigar from her hand.

"Ano ba! You're getting annoying! Akin nanga yan!" She said while trying to grab the cigarette from his hand.

"Stop it.This can shorten your life."

"Well,great! Now, give it to me!"

"Never,Ms. Beaves."

"Never? Oh well, meron pa akong isang dosenang ganyan! Hmp!"

She expelled a heavy breath and decided to take another stick. Pero bago paman niya nakuha ang panibagong sigarilyo ay mabilis na lumapit si Prince sakanya. He gently pushed her against the tree and pinned her with his arms.

"Ang tigas ng ulo mo." He said and launched his lips against hers.

She wasn't able to resist him. It felt like he was longing to kiss her. His kiss was gentle and made her feel butterflies in her stomach. When he was slowly pulling his lips away,she wanted to resist but she kept her thought in her mind.

"That's for making me miss you so much." He said and wiped the lipstick stain on his lips before he walked away.

Angel catched her breath and composed herself. He is unbelievable! She thought. Pakiramdam niya ay bigla siyang nakuryente dahil sa halik. She couldn't shake the feeling that there are butterflies in her stomach.

Prince walked back to the party. Harriet saw him and she hugged him from behind.

"San kaba galing? I've been looking for you." She said and cupped his cheeks.

"I've been looking around,babe. Namiss ko lang ang lugar na ito."

"Okay. Well, wag kana ulit aalis ng hindi ko alam,ha?"

Prince nodded and faked a smile. He remembered what he did awhile ago to Angel. He didn't regret it but savour it instead. He can still feel her soft hands and lips and her fragrant smell.

"Prince?" Harriet snapped him out of his trance.

"Ano 'yun? May sinasabi kaba?"

"Hay! Ang sabi ko lang naman ay hindi kaba gutom?"

"'Di pa eh. Kung gusto mo,mauna kanang kumain."

"Pero gusto kitang kasama kumain eh." Sabi ni Harriet sabay yakap sa braso ni Prince.

"Kung 'yan ang gusto mo. Sige, sasamahan na kitang kumain."

Pumunta nanga sila sa kanilang table at kumain kasama sina Fiona at Shiena.

"Wait? Nasan naba si Jake?" Sabi ni Fiona.

"Nawala na siya pagkatapos nung big revelation ni Angel." Sabi naman ni Shiena.

"There! Parang sinusundan niya si Angel oh! Gosh! Ano bang meron sa babaeng 'yan?" Sabi ni Harriet sabay tingin sa direksyon ng kinaroroonan ni Jake.

Napakunot ang noo ni Prince. Anong balak niyang gawin kay Angel? Bakit siya sumusunod sakanya? He thought while glaring at them.

"Excuse me for awhile girls. Cr muna ako." Sabi ni Prince sabay tayo at naglakad at di na naghintay ng sagot. Habang papalapit siya sa kinaroroonan nina Angel at Jake ay kumuyom ang kanyang kamao at panga.