Chapter 14. Date With Nate

The next morning I woke up feeling so happy and energetic. My mom was on her phone with her glasses at the tip of her nose. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Good morning sunshine!" She said over enthusiastically.

"Good morning mother!"

"I forgot to ask you, who was that boy at the party yesterday?" She asked, taking her glasses off.

"Oh, his name is Nate. He is really nice." I said, smiling at the thought of him.

"Oh, I see. I want you to have fun and enjoy yourself, but be careful okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah of course I will."

"You have a meeting with Jean LeBrun tomorrow by the way."

"Oh that's cool." I said as I looked out the window, admiring the sun that was nearly blinding.

"Yeah well I brought some breakfast up for you." She said, handing me a tray with waffles and orange juice.

"Thanks!" I said as I began eating.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. I received a text message.

N: Hey Alaysia. It's Nate, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up for lunch with me.

A: hey and yeah I would love too

N: okay great I'll pick you up. Where are you staying?

A: Marriott Hotel

N: okay cool. 12 pm okay?

A: yeah perfect. See you then :)

I could've screamed. I was so happy not just because of Nate but everything in my life seemed perfect right then.

"I'm going for lunch with Nate soon." I said, to my mom as she brushed her black shoulder length curly hair.

"Oh okay, well have fun, call me if you need anything."

"I will, see ya!"

I waved as I hurried outside.

"Hey there. You look nice." He said as he opened the car door for me.

"Thank you and so do you." He had a Mercedes Benz c300, which was stunning just like him.

"Thanks. So I know this may be a bit weird since we just met yesterday, but I was free today." He said as he started driving.

"Oh don't worry. It isn't weird at all." I said as he smiled.

We arrived at this cute little restaurant with a patio. He let me out of the car, held my hand and led me into the restaurant. I have to admit, he made me feel like a princess.

"Here we are." He said, pulling my chair out for me.

"Yeah, thanks. Do you come here often?" I asked, admiring the cute restaurant. It was like an old, rustic Italian theme. It had fake grape vines hanging from the ceiling.

"Sometimes." He said, opening the menu.

The waiter came over and took our orders.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your profession?

"Oh, I'm a model." He said, as he fixed the collar of his shirt although I didn't see anything wrong with it.

"Really? Me too, why didn't you tell me?"

"Of course you're a model, with that face, no way you couldn't be." He joked. "But I'm more on the humble side. I don't really speak about what I do that much."

I laughed. "You're funny. Thank you and I respect that. I'm more on the humble side too."

"Yeah I like humble girls." He said with a smile.

The waiter brought our orders when my phone randomly started beeping. I looked at the screen and it was Taylor.

What the heck did he want? He didn't seem to understand that if I'm not answering, it means I'm not interested.

I didn't answer, but Nate noticed how uncomfortable I suddenly became.

"Alaysia, are you okay?" He asked, looking at me with a look of concern on his face.

I froze on the spot. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't ruin this.

"Yeah, I'm good. It's just my friend Dreeana. I just didn't expect a text from her." I lied as I sipped my water.

"Oh, I understand.. so where are you from and how long are you in L.A?" He asked as I ate my lasagna.

"I'm from Canada, but I live in New York. I'm here for four more days."

"I'm Canadian too, believe it or not. I'm from Vancouver, British Columbia."

"Really? I'm from Montréal, Québec. That's quite a distance." I joked even the two cities are actually extremely far apart and in completely different provinces.

He laughed. "No wonder we never ran into each other. But, I think the American culture got into you. I didn't pick up that you were Canadian."

"Yeah I think it did. I've been living in New York for 4 years now."

"Wow. I've been in California for 2."

"You know, maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like there is a connection between us and not just because we're Canadian." I said, as I laughed.

"I agree. In all honesty, I really like you Alaysia. You're gorgeous, funny and you have an amazing personality and not just because you're Canadian."

I laughed again. The majority of the date was us laughing at each other's jokes. "Thank you and I like you too." I said blushing while he laughed at my obvious embarrassment.

"You don't have to be embarrassed or shy, it's okay. Do you wanna get going?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah sure." I replied as he once again held my hand and led me out to his car. He is such a gentleman.

We arrived at the hotel and I got out of the car.

"Well, will I see you again?" Nate asked as we stood next to his car.

"Absolutely Nate." I said as we hugged and he kissed my cheek lightly.

"Enjoy the rest of your day!" He said as he got back in his car.

"Thanks, you too." I said as he drove away and waved.

Nate was just too perfect. But, I was so mad at Taylor, he almost ruined everything. I had to lie to Nate and I don't like lying to people. I decided to text Taylor because I was tired of his crap.

A: Taylor James Bridford!

T: Alaysia! You finally answered! Can we talk now?

A: can you leave me alone now?

T: Alaysia please just hear me out

A: I don't want to and stop texting me. I'm tired of you

T: Alaysia are you serious right now?

A: dead serious. I've found somebody else.

T: you're my girl, no one else's

A: this is why. Your too obsessive and controlling. Now goodbye.

Taylor changed so much and the person he became since he left for university is completely different to the Taylor I used to know. I guess some things are just too good to be true.