Chapter 42. Five Days

• NATE'S POV •

"Paul, is there anyway that I could get a break for a bit. Maybe a week?" I asked my manager on the phone.

"Nathaniel, there is no time for that. Your campaign is coming out, you need to do promos." He said, as I sighed loudly.

"I know, but just five days. That's all. Please." I begged.

"Okay, fine. You got it, but only five days, okay? You're summer vacation time is nearing, so don't worry." He said, reassuring me.

"Alright, thanks Paul. Means a lot. Can you schedule a flight for me to fly out to New York tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, what are you doing in New York?" He asked, curiously.

"Visiting the girlfriend." I replied, with a chuckle.

"Ah I see. Well have fun. See you in five days."

"Thanks, bye." I said, hanging up the phone.

I needed a break from work. Alaysia had a break and it was the the perfect time to spend time together. I wanted to surprise her and just have some fun

Early the next morning, I flew out to New York.

"Hey, can you take me to this address?" I asked, while handing the taxi driver a paper with Alaysia' s address on it.

"Sure thing." He said, as he stepped on the gas.

"Here you are." He said as we arrived at the apartment 15 minutes later.

"Thanks a lot." I said, as I handed him the fare.

"No problem."

I took the stairs and got to her floor. I knocked on her door.

"Just a second." I heard her say from behind the door.

"Alright." I said.

"Nate is that you?" She asked, without opening the door.

I assume that she recognized my voice.

"I don't know." I said, with a laugh.

She opened the door. "Nate!" She exclaimed, as she jumped into my arms.

"Hey, I missed you!" I said, kissing her.

"I missed you more!" She said, kissing my cheek over and over again.

"Come in!" She said, as she pulled my suitcase into her place.

"It's nice to be home." I whispered in her ear as I hugged her again tightly.

"Anytime my love. My home is your home." She whispered back.

"Do you even understand how much I've missed you? I haven't seen you in a month!" I said, as we released from the hug.

"I missed you more trust me. I dreamed about you every single night." She said, with a giggle.

I looked at her. "Is that so? What did you dream about?"

"Oh, lots of stuff. Your smile, your hugs, your kisses. Everything!" She exclaimed, placing her hands on my shoulders.

I laughed. "I love you Alaysia. Forever." I said leaning down closer to her.

She smiled. "And I love you too Nate. For always." She replied, as she kissed my lips.

We cooked dinner, ate and then put on a movie.

"So, I'm here for five days." I said as I ate some popcorn.

"Five days? That's all? No way!" She said, clutching onto my arm tightly.

Her grip is extremely strong.

"That's all the time I could get, but it's okay. We'll enjoy these five days and summer vacation time is coming, so don't worry."I said, trying to reassure her.

"I know. It just feels like no matter how much time we spend together, it just isn't enough, Nate." She said, quietly as she rested her head on my shoulder.

I rubbed her shoulder to calm her down. "I agree, but let's just focus on this moment right now. We're together, that's all that matters, right?"

"Right." She said as she smiled, which made me smile.

"Isn't that baby so cute?" She asked, as she pointed to the TV screen.

"Yeah, she's adorable." I replied. "She looks just like you."

She laughed. "No, she doesn't."

"She does, open those eyes of yours!"

"They're open! I don't see any resemblance." She said, shaking her head.

"It's there, you just don't see it." I threw a kernel of popcorn at her. "Crazy girl."

"I am not crazy!" She said and threw popcorn at me.

"You wanna fight, pretty girl?" I asked, standing up with a handful of popcorn.

"You already know, pretty boy. Bring it on!" She yelled fiercely as she grabbed a handful of popcorn and threw it at me.

"Hey! These pants are new. No butter on them, please!" I managed to say, through my hysterical laughter.

"Too bad, so sad." She said, as she mocked me by pouting.

"You're gonna pay, Alaysia. Don't test me."

I ran after her and tackled her to the ground and attacked her with tickles.

"Nate.....please....stop...please...Nate." She said, between laughs and screams.

I laughed hysterically. It was too funny.

"Alright, fine. You paid the price." I said as I stopped and sat up.

She did the same and turned to face me. "You're a tickle monster." She said with a giggle.

"Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment." I said, with a smirk.

I didn't realize how much I missed her until I was with her. Her smile, her laugh, her presence. I'm so lucky to have someone like her to call my own.

"So, who's gonna clean this up?" She asked, pointing to the popcorn scattered all over the floor.

I chuckled and looked at her. "You, because you started it."

She rolled her eyes. "I did not!"

"But, you did."

"Fine. Hand me the broom!" She demanded as I gave her the broom that was standing in a corner.

"Here you go, sweetheart." I said, still laughing.

She glared at me. "Very funny Nate."