Chapter 29. Paris Bound

The day had arrived to leave for Paris and I was very excited. My mom had flown into L.A the night before, so she was on the same flight as us. Dreeana and Haven were flying from New York. All my luggage was packed, but a part of me was still nervous, but I guess that is normal.

We arrived at the airport around 10am. Our flight was set to leave at 12:15 am.

"Alaysia, I wanna tell you again how proud I am of you." My mom said as we waited in the lounge  for our flight to be called.

"Thank you mom, I am proud of you too. You're a great mom." I said hugging her tightly.

"Thank you muffin." She said getting teary eyed.

"Flight 706 to Paris, France is now boarding. Please make your way to the aircraft." The lady on the intercom said.

"That's our flight." Nate said as he got up and helped us with our luggage.

"Here we go!" I exclaimed as my mom just smiled.

"You two are beautiful together." My mom said to Nate and I as we held hands and walked to the boarding area.

"Thank you!" Nate said as I just smiled. That is all Nate does is make me smile and I feel so lucky to have him.

"Passports please." The lady at the desk said.

"Here you go," I said.

"Enjoy your flight." She said as we walked onto the plane.

We found our seats and sat down. My mom, Nate and I were all in the same row. I was seated between the two of them.

"This is about to be the longest flight of my life. Eleven hours..." I said to Nate as he held my hand.

"Yeah, but you'll be fine because you have your mom and I, isn't that right Ms. Joelson?"

"Yes that is correct!" My mom said.

"I hate flying and both of you know that."

"It's okay muffin." My mom said reassuringly as she rubbed my shoulder.

Muffin is the nickname my mom has called me since I was little.

"Muffin. I love muffins." Nate said looking at me.

"And I love you." I said drifting off to sleep.

Eleven hours had passed faster than I thought it would and we had arrived safely in France.

"Ladies and gentleman we will now be landing at Charles de Gaulle Airport. Please fasten your seatbelts."

"We made it!" My mom exclaimed as we walked to baggage claim.

"Yes, thank the Lord." I said, as I looked up the sky.

We got our belongings and took a taxi to our hotel.

"Guys I am just next door. I am gonna go unpack my stuff, I'll let you too have your privacy." My mom said as she winked and walked into her room two doors down from ours.

"Very funny." I said as I walked into our room.

"I heard what your mom said about privacy." Nate said with a laugh.

"Yeah forget that." I said as I took off my shoes.

"Why?" Nate asked.

"Because we aren't going to do anything that will require privacy."

"We might." Nate said as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Sure, cheeky boy."