Chapter 53. Aftermath

I woke up the next morning feeling even worse than the night before because the memories of last night kept creeping into my mind.

I didn't have the motivation to get up, so I just rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling wishing I could erase last night from my life.

Nate hadn't come back and I didn't even know which room he was in or if he was even in the hotel. My phone was blowing up with messages and missed calls from my mom, dad and friends, but not Nate.

I knew I messed up pretty bad and it was going to take a lot to get Nate to listen and believe that I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't know that this guy had the wrong intentions the whole time. I have a habit of thinking too highly of people before I actually get to know them. He looked too good to be bad on the inside.

After half an hour, I gained the strength to get up, bathe, get dressed and eat. The next mission was to find Nate and get everything with him sorted out before we leave Paris.

I put my sneakers on and called him, preparing myself to leave the room to go find him if need be.

The phone rang until he finally answered.

"Hello." He said, his voice was extra deep and groggy meaning he had just woke up.

"Nate, it's Alaysia." I said, hesitantly as he probably didn't want to hear from me.

"I'm down the hall in room 225 if you wanna pay me a visit." He said jokingly letting me know that he had calmed down after all the anger last night.

"Okay, I'm on my way. See you in a bit."

"Alright." He answered and hung up.

I quickly jogged down the hall to see Nate peeking his head out the door.

I ran inside and plopped myself down on the chair as Nate sat on the edge of the bed.

"So... are we gonna talk about last night?" He asked as I was still trying to catch my breath.

I nodded. "Yes, please."

"Okay so I thought about it all night and I do believe that you didn't say any such thing to that guy. I should have believed you yesterday, but everything happened so quickly and in the heat of the moment I didn't know who to believe. I apologize for accusing you of lying." He said, as I processed every word in my brain.

"And I am sorry for getting away from Étienne earlier to prevent everything that happened afterwards. He was being so flattering and I got caught up and I'm sorry. I don't blame you for accusing me, I would've done the same thing."

He nodded. "I understand, but that slap though." He chuckled. "When you slapped him, I was over joyed. Best part of the night."

I laughed. "I had to, he was being very disrespectful and saying nonsense. I don't like that. I may seem very vulnerable on the outside, but once someone upset me, it's over for them. I lose all control."

"I'll remember that so I don't ever get slapped by you." He joked as I shook my head.

"I don't just go around slapping people who annoy me, but he deserved it. He was just ridiculously arrogant." I said, getting up and walking over to Nate.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me in closer to him.

"You look really good today, you know." He said, as I looked down at my Nike leggings and sweater. I was dressed as if I were going to the gym even though I wasn't.

"Oh do I?" I asked, touching his hair.

He nodded. "Yes, you do."

"I missed you last night." I said and placed a kiss on his lips.