Chapter 30. Celebration?

It was the evening of my clothing line celebration dinner. I was overjoyed but nervous at the same time. I decided to wear a beige jumpsuit, black heels and a blazer.

"Ladies and gentleman at this moment, we would like to introduce Ms. Alaysia Joelson." I heard Marie say.

I guess that was my queue to enter, so I opened the door and walked in confidently with a huge smile on my face. I saw my mom and Nate sitting at a table smiling and waving at me. I saw many faces that I had never seen before, but I waved to everyone and went up to the podium.

"Hello everyone. I would like to say a huge thank you to all who came out tonight to celebrate with me. It is greatly appreciated. I hope you all enjoy the show tomorrow. Myself and my fantastic team worked super hard on the clothing line, so I hope you like it!" I said as I waved again and went to meet the models.

"Oh my gosh. You're so pretty!" One of the models said. She was very tall, had curly brown hair and was dressed very nicely.

"Thank you. So are you. What's your name?" I asked as I hugged her.

"Lisa Heureux! I am so happy to be modeling your beautiful designs!" She said with a French accent.

"Thank you so much!" I said as more models were waiting to talk to me.

"Hello, I'm Anne LaRouge! Nice to meet you!" Anne was very pretty, tall and had long red hair with a nice beauty mark.

All the girls were pretty actually. I was very lucky to have them. Marie chose the perfect ones.

After 15 minutes, I had finally talked to all the models. They were all wonderful young ladies. Some were older than me and some were younger.

I had forgotten their last names, but there were 8 of them. Lisa, Anne, Genevieve, I call her Gen. Emilie, Chanel, Marianne, Gabrielle and Soleil. At least I remembered their first names.

I went to sit with Nate and my mom to eat dinner and they couldn't stop congratulating me on everything.

"I'm extremely proud of you!" Nate said and kissed my cheek.

"So am I. My baby girl is growing up!" My mom said with a smile.

When dinner was over I began walking over to Marie and Jean who were standing by the desserts table and talking. Their backs were turned, so I decided to wait till they were done when I heard Marie saying something.

"Jean, I don't know. She just is not what I thought she would be when I chose her." I heard Marie say looking while looking rather concerned.

"Marie, do not worry. I will talk to her and let her down easy. It will be fine." Jean said while reassuringly placing his hand on Marie's shoulder

Were they talking about me? They probably were. Who else would they be talking about like that? My heart was broken. I came all the way to Paris for absolutely nothing. I was done. Completely done.

I quickly ran to the drinks table and grabbed a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne before anyone could see me. Then, I ran outside, got in a taxi and went back to the hotel.

I walked into the hotel room, shut the door and burst into tears. My makeup was getting ruined, but I did not care. I popped open the champagne and drank the whole bottle.

My past was starting to creep up on me again and I did not even care. The more I thought about it, the more I cried. Eventually, I sunk down against a wall as my body felt weak from crying and I was becoming intoxicated.

I opened the bottle of wine and drank that too. After a while, I just couldn't stop crying

•NATE'S POV•