Chapter 44. Separation

My birthday was amazing. All my family and friends left because they have lives, sadly. I wish they could stay with me forever. But, the next day Nate was leaving and my heart was heavy with sadness.

"Alright, all my bags are packed. I need to be at the airport two hours before." He said, dropping his huge Louis Vuitton traveling bag on the floor.

I looked up at him and tried to crack a smile. "Yeah, I know. Let's get going." I said quietly, as I grabbed my car keys and we headed out the door.

We got in the car and I began to drive.

JFK airport is 35 minutes from my apartment in the crazy New York traffic. The drive was silent until Nate broke the silence.

"You okay?" He asked, as I just stared straight ahead as if I'd heard nothing.

"Alaysia." He said, touching my arm softly.

I suddenly awoke from my daydream. "Huh?" I asked, looking at him.

"You okay? You're not even talking to me. Is something wrong?" He asked, looking concerned.

"Um... yeah. Everything is fine. I just.. um... never mind."

He didn't take his eyes off me. "You're lying."

I shook my head. "I'm not. Let me drive." I said, getting annoyed.

"Okay." He said, and gazed out the window.

"I just thought that whenever something was wrong, we could tell each other, but I guess not." He said, still gazing out the window.

My heart sank as tears filled my eyes.

"I- I'm sorry." I stuttered, as tears fell down my cheeks.

I began to sob and I soon couldn't even see the road ahead of me.

"Alaysia! Pull over!" Nate shouted in fear as the car began to swerve.

I pulled over quickly. "You'll miss your flight." I said, wiping my face.

"It doesn't matter. You're more important right now. What's the matter? Don't lie to me." He said, holding my hand tightly.

"I don't want to sound like a baby, but I miss you and I don't want you to leave. I always get so attached to the people I love and I am so in love with you that it hurts." I said, holding back tears.

He looked at me without saying a word. Suddenly I felt his soft, warm lips on mine and all my problems were instantly washed away.

We pulled away and he looked at me. "I'm in love with you too. You think I actually wanna leave? I don't. But I have to and summer vacation is in a few days so hang in there, baby." He said, reassuringly as he kissed my forehead.

I knew he was right. Summer vacation was in a few days. He just had to film a few promotions in L.A and then we'd be in the Dominican Republic. I can imagine it right now. The warm sand, the cool ocean. The perfect getaway.

"I will hang in there. Let's get going before you actually miss your flight." I said, with a chuckle as I turned the car back on and drove towards the airport.

We arrived safely and I walked with him into the airport.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye. For now." He said, with a smile.

I smiled back. "Yup, for now. I'm still hanging in there." I said, hugging him tightly.

"Hang in there for me because I hate seeing you sad." He whispered softly into my ear. His voice soothed me.

I looked up at him. "I promise I will."

"Good."

"I think that's my flight." He said, as the person on the intercom spoke.

"You should get going." I said, releasing from the hug, allowing him to gather his bags.

"Yeah, I'll call you when I land. I love you to the moon and back." He said, with a smile. His perfect smile.

I couldn't help but smile back. "Yeah, I love you too. Talk to you soon." I said, as he walked off to the boarding area.

I turned and walked out of the airport, back to my car and was on my way home.

When I got home, I decided to give Gigi a call.

"Hey G." I said, while flipping through the TV channels.

"Hey, Alaysia. What's up?" She asked with excitement in her voice.

"Oh nothing, just chilling. How are you?" I asked.

"Great. I just put the final touches on Leo's and I's wedding." She said, gladly. I was so happy for her.

"That must be exciting. When is it?"

"Three weeks. It's so soon. We wanted to speed it up since we've been engaged for a year and a half."

"That's wonderful. I can't wait." I said with a giggle. Weddings make me happy. I love them.

"I've been meaning to ask you if you wouldn't mind being one of my bridesmaids. I'll have two others, plus my maid of honor, my younger sister René."

"Wow, I'd be honored to be a bridesmaid. Thank you so very much!" I exclaimed.

"It's nothing dear. I love you and I want everyone I love to be there. Nate can accompany you as well if you like. I also invited your mom and dad."

"Yeah, having Nate there would be great and you and my parents get on well. I'm glad."

"Yeah, they're wonderful people. How's Nate?" She asked.

"Good. He's on a flight back to L.A right now."

"Oh nice. How are things going with you two?"

"Everything is great. I truly think he's the one."

"The one you want to spend your life with?" She asked.

I smiled to myself. "Yes."

"That's amazing. He's a great guy. My co workers in L.A know him and told me how amazing he is at modeling and everything. His personality as well is wonderful. I spoke to him at your party. Very intelligent young man."

"Yes, very. We've spoken about marriage and kids and he said he wants to marry me, so it's just a matter of when."

"Aw, isn't that sweet? Don't worry about marriage too much. It isn't a big deal anyway. Just enjoy your moments together. How long has it been now?"

"Nine months."

"See! Less than a year and you're stressing about marriage. You're only twenty. I'm twenty seven. Almost twenty eight. Save the worrying for me." She said, as we both laughed.

"You're not even old, Giselle!"

"If you say so! My sister says the same thing. She's twenty four."

"You're both young. I can't wait to meet her!"

"Yeah, she lives in London, England and works there, so she rarely visits."

"Oh I see. Well, I'll talk to you tomorrow maybe. I'm gonna go make some dinner. Ciao Bella!"

She laughed. "Okay au revoir!"

I hung up and smiled. I couldn't wait for the wedding. I could meet her sister and her parents and I just love meeting new people.