Chapter 48. Confrontation

I quickly ran out of the reception hall to flag down a taxi outside.

"Taxi, taxi!" I shouted, waving my hand in the air as the driver slowed down.

"Thanks." I said, as I got in.

"Where are you going?" He asked, looking at me with a smile.

I smiles back. "Jean Lebrun's office please."

"What's that?" He asked clueless.

I took a deep breath. "Don't worry, I got it, just drive." I said as he stepped on the gas.

After about 15 minutes, we pulled up at Jean's office.

"Thank you sir." I said as I slipped him the fare with a little extra as a tip.

"My pleasure. Have a goodnight." He said, driving off.

I looked up to the sky and hoped for the best as I walked into the building.

"Alaysia. Nice to see you. Jean's busy right now." Sarah, the secretary said as soon as she saw me.

I gave her a look. "Jean's never too busy to see me, so I suggest you call him and tell him I'm coming up." I said, arms crossed over my chest.

She nodded and picked up the phone. "Sure, Ms. Joelson."

"You can go up." She said, hesitantly.

I chuckled. "Yeah, thanks."

I got in the elevator and went to the 25th floor, which was the penthouse. I don't know how Jean is comfortable with being so high up in the building.

A rare smile appeared on his face as he saw me appear in the doorway.

"Alaysia Joelson. Comment ça va aujourd'hui?" He asked in his cute French accent, which never gets old.

"Everything's going fine, expect for one thing." I said quietly.

He pushed his glasses up his nose. "And what would that be exactly?"

"Gigi's wedding was ambushed by some British brat and she needs to be taken care of." I said as I could feel my blood boiling at the thought of Imogen.

He nodded. "What's her name?" He asked, opening his laptop.

I sighed. "Imogen Wilkinson."

He smiled as he typed something on his computer. "What's funny?" I asked.

"Oh nothing besides the fact that I know this British brat."

I gasped in disbelief. "You do? What? How?" I asked frantically.

He looked at me. "Alaysia, too many questions." He said as I sank down into the chair and shook my head disapprovingly.

"I don't think you understand. She wrote lies about me and has been a complete nuisance to everyone!" I said as frustration filled my voice.

He laughed as if he were mocking me. "Just because you don't like her doesn't mean I can just make her disappear, Alaysia. Let's be realistic here."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought you were gonna support me in everything I do, Jean. What happened to that?" I asked as I stood up from the chair.

"I will and I do support you, but you must learn to block out negativity and focus on the positive things in life. When you ignore the pessimists, they will eventually notice that they aren't affecting you and they will stop." He replied.

His words hit a spot deep within my heart because it was the truth.

I sighed. "You're right, Jean. I always let things affect me. Now I know why Gigi just brushed off the Imogen thing because she has better things to focus on." I admitted.

"Exactly and once you learn to do that, you'll be unstoppable and unbreakable. I'm here whenever you need a reminder." He said, with a smile.

I smiled back. "Thanks, Jean." I said as I turned and left his office.