Chapter 24. Memories

Nate has meetings all day regarding work, so I thought I'd run around L.A and do some sight seeing on my own. I am meeting up with Giselle Blackthorn tomorrow for lunch and Jean Lebrun the day after for my clothing line. I was about to turn the corner when I realized I was in front of a court house and the person walking out was.... you guessed it... Taylor.

"Alaysia. Is that you?" He said and embraced me unexpectedly.

"Yeah it's me. How are you?" I asked as I awkwardly waved to his parents who were standing behind him.

"Great, I got bail so I'm heading back to New Jersey for Princeton."

"That's wonderful,I am proud of you." I said as he asked his parents to wait for him in the car.

"Look, Alaysia I want you to know that I am done grieving over our relationship. I am a new, better person. This experience has made me realize that I should not take life for granted. Like you've moved on, I have too."

"That is great, I am happy for you." I said quietly.

 I am not happy. This encounter is making me remember all our good experiences. I miss him and how we used to be. 

"Do you remember the necklace I gave you?" He asked shyly.

"Yeah, it's in my apartment in NY."

"Oh I thought you'd get rid of it or something, since you
know..." he said trailing off.

"Yeah, but I didn't. It is quite sentimental to me. I still care about you, you know." I said bluntly. 

"That's sweet of you. I always cared about you and always will. You have a special spot in here Alaysia." He said pointing to his heart. 

I am tearing up, I can't help myself.

"Taylor, I-I miss y-you." I stuttered through my tears.

"Aww baby girl don't cry." He said hugging me. 

Oh how I missed his hugs.

"I can't help it. I just can't. I think I made a mistake." I said.

"When?" He asked.

"When I broke up with you."

"Alaysia come on, you've moved on. That is in the past. Don't do this to yourself."

"Do you still love me?" I asked him.

"Of course I do, but that is irrelevant right now."

"No it's not." I said crying even harder.

"Look Alaysia, I need to go. When you come back to NY we can talk." Take care." He said walking to the van that his parents were waiting for him in.

I quickly walked back to Nate's condo since I had a spare key. As I was walking, I realized that today is our one month anniversary. What if Nate forgot? It is so coincidental that I ran into my ex on my one month anniversary with Nate.

Maybe Taylor has really moved on. I have Nate and I need to stop crying over my ex. If Nate knew, I am sure that he would not be happy about this. As long as Taylor is well and okay, which he is now, I am okay too. 

I can't just forget about him, he was and still is a part of my life. I care about everyone in my life and want them to do well. I think I needed to see him to get closure for our relationship and I finally got it. I feel sad but happy at the same time. The old me would have went for the alcohol in this situation, but I am done with using alcohol as my rebound because every time I did that, I got screwed over.