Chapter 20. Party Planning

I rented out a venue at a New York hotel for Nate's birthday party. It was difficult because time was limited and I was running around like a crazy maniac trying to put everything together. I ordered the cake and everything else. All I could hope was that he would like it

When I finally got home, I found Nate waiting for me.

"Hey beautiful, I missed you." He said giving me a big hug and kissing me.

"I missed you too handsome."

"So where were you?" He asked with a smile, hinting at the fact that he knew where I was.

"You know, just running errands and stuff. Being the busy girl that I am." I said trying to lie, but failing miserably.

"You're a terrible liar, but an amazing girl, so it's a lose-win situation."

"That's why I never lie and thanks." I said with a smile.

"Guess what?" He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You just lied again!" He said laughing hysterically.

"Okay you know what? The lies are worth it right now. So allow it for now." I said.

"Okay, I'm not gonna say anything. I just going to let you do your thing."

"Thank you. I appreciate it. You'll love it. I promise." I said kissing his cheek.

"Alright, I believe you."

"So are you excited to turn 20 tomorrow?" I asked holding his hand and leading him to the couch.

"Kinda... sorta... not really." He said unenthusiastically.

"You're not excited to turn the big twenty? No longer in the teens?"

"Not really. Nineteen was a good time for me. A lot of good stuff happened in my life you know." He said

"Like what?" I asked.

"Great stuff in my career. I bought my first car and...." He said stopping before finishing his sentence.

"And?" I asked, wanting him to continue.

"And I met my beautiful, sweet, pancake loving girlfriend, Alaysia." He said smiling at me as he looked into my eyes.

"Aw that's sweet and you love pancakes too!" I said poking his chest softly.

"Yeah and I think I love someone else too."

What the heck was he talking about. He loved another girl? Who?

"Um and who is that?" I asked with attitude. I didn't know who he was talking about and I hate not knowing things.

"No need for the sass and she is close by." He said smiling.

The suspense was killing me.

"For the love of God! Just tell me." I said putting my hands over my face in frustration.

"Alaysia, that girl is you." He said as I looked him straight in the eye.

"What?" I asked confused.

This boy was playing with my emotions.

"I love you." He said holding my hands to calm me down.

I loved him from our very first date literally.

"I love you too." I said and kissed his lips. My boyfriend is so perfect.

"Alaysia, thank you." He said.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For being you, for coming into my life, for being real with me about your feelings towards me." He said sincerely.

"You're very welcome and thank for being so irresistible." I joked.

"Oh that is no problem, my pleasure." He said jokingly.

"Tomorrow is your day Nate! I think you're gonna love it!" I said smiling.

"How could I not love anything done by you?" He asked.

"You're just too sweet!" I said kissing his cheek.