Chapter 43. Birthday Girl

It's my birthday and the fact that I'm turning twenty is more scary than exciting to be honest. I don't even want a party, I just wanna act like it isn't happening. I don't even know if Nate remembered.

I opened my eyes and looked to other side of the bed and Nate wasn't there.

"Nate?" I called out, confused as to where he could be so early in the morning.

Suddenly, he stepped into the bedroom with a tray covered in pancakes and bacon.

"Happy birthday, baby!" He said, as he smiled and brought the tray to me.

I didn't think he'd remember.

"Thanks baby!" I exclaimed and I kissed his lips.

"Did you think I forgot?" He asked.

"Well... kinda." I said, shyly.

He smirked at me. "I could never forget. I have something special planned for you tonight."

"Wow, I can't wait!" I exclaimed, suddenly becoming excited.

He handed me a card and left the room. I opened it and read it.

Dear Alaysia, happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your breakfast because you love my pancakes so much. Congratulations on turning twenty! We've only been together for nine months, but I've watched you grow into a beautiful, talented model and designer and I am so proud of you. Tonight I have something special planned and I hope you like it. I love you very much, my little teddy bear. Xoxo Nate

Tears filled my eyes as he stepped back in the room with a smile on his face.

"Did you like it?" He asked, approaching me.

I shook my head. "No, I loved it!" I said, wrapping my arms around him tightly as tears fell onto his shirt.

"Aw, I didn't mean to make you cry." He said , rubbing my back.

"You just make me so happy and I love you so much." I said, while wiping my tears.

"I love you too." He said, kissing my forehead.

••• later on in the evening •••

It was almost time to leave for my birthday dinner, which Nate planned. I showered, curled my hair and slipped on a light blue fitted dress, which hit just below my knee. I have to admit that I looked good in it.

I stepped out of the bedroom and almost fell to my knees at the sight of Nate. He looked so good. He was leaning against the wall. His hair was combed over neatly. He was wearing a black dress shirt and black dress pants with a white bow tie.

"Nate, sweet peaches and cream! You look so hot!" I said, as I walked towards him.

He laughed at my expression. "Thanks. But what about this girl right here?" He asked, as he took my hand twirled me around.