Chapter 17. Home

Nate was coming back home with me and my mom was flying straight to Canada from L.A, so this was the last time I would see her for a while.

She honestly wasn't too fond of Nate staying with me for a while, but I thought everything would  be fine. I know it would.

"Mom, you ready?" I asked as I grabbed my luggage.

"Yes, the taxi is outside, let's go."

"Bye L.A!! I'll miss you!" I said as I closed the hotel door.

We checked in at the airport and we were greeted by Nate.

"Hey beautiful." Nate said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead.

He makes me feel like the only girl in the world..

"Hey are you excited?" I asked him.

"Of course." He replied as he hugged my mom.

"Nate, how are you?" My mom asked with a smile

"I'm well Ms. Joelson and yourself?" He replied.

"Great, thank you!"

He is so well mannered. I know my mom likes him.

"Bye mom, our flight is boarding now. I'll come visit you in Montreal soon. Love you!" I told my mom as I hugged and kissed her.

"Okay, have a safe flight. Love you!! And Nate, take care of my daughter." She replied while pointing her finger warningly.

"I promise I will! Have a safe flight." Nate said.

We boarded the plane and settled in our seats.

"You're mom is so sweet, Alaysia." Nate said.

"Yeah she is. She is all I have. I don't really know my dad." I said somberly.

"I'm sorry. That's terrible." He said hugging me around my shoulder.

"No, don't be sorry. That's a choice he made. I'm fine with it though since he left when I was like four. I was still small."

"Yeah, but he didn't get to see his amazing daughter grow up."

I laughed. "And again, that's his choice." I replied.

"Yeah, that's very true."

"So, where are your parents?" I asked him.

"British Columbia. They like it there. I visit them regularly though."

"Oh that's nice. Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah an older sister, Naya. She's 23. We're pretty close."

"Oh cool. I don't have any siblings. It's just me." I giggled.

"Yeah, but that's okay because you have people who are there for you right? Like your mom and me." He said as I couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, you're just too sweet. Thanks for being there for me. You're really special, I'm so glad I met you!" I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"It's no problem and I'm even happier that I met you!"

The plane landed safely in New York and we arrived at my apartment.

"This is my place!" I said as I unlocked my front door and we stepped in.

"Wow, the set up is so cool." He said, looking mesmerized.

"Yeah, it was all me. I spent 3 days decorating and positioning furniture! I didn't even take a break to sleep." I confessed laughingly.

"You're just so talented. I have an apartment in L.A too and maybe you should be the interior decorator." He said laughingly.

I giggled."Anytime. Whenever you're ready! Do you want me to start dinner? Cause' I'm pretty hungry right now!" I said stepping into my kitchen.

"Yeah, can I help?" He asked.

"That'd be great. Thanks!"

We decided to make pasta with a side of baked chicken. I got a text from Dreeana and Haven at the same time, which was weird.

D: Alaysia. Where are you? Taylor is going to L.A to find you!

H: Alaysia, you're ex boyfriend is psycho!!!!

I didn't reply to either of their texts because I didn't know what to say. I was in complete and utter disbelief. I didn't expect Taylor to behave in such a manner.

"Nate, I'm going upstairs. I'll be back in a bit!" I informed him, just needing some space to take in the situation.

"Okay, take your time."

I ran to my room and called Dreeana immediately.

"Dreeana... I'm so shocked. What's happening?"

"He's going to L.A to find you. He's probably already there by now. You're home now, so you don't have to worry." She said as I sighed.

"Yeah, but I don't want anyone looking for me.. oh my goodness!" I nearly shouted.

"I know Alaysia, but just try to relax."

"Okay you're right." I said as I changed the topic. "I met a new guy by the way." I said nervously, unsure as to how she would respond.

"Wow.. really? Congrats for moving on." She said as  we both laughed.

"Yeah his name is Nate and he's so perfect!" I gushed as I thought about him.

"I'm excited to meet him!"

"Yes. You will soon for sure." I replied. "My mom likes him too."

"I want you to relax. Don't think too much about this Taylor thing." She said reassuringly.

"Yeah. I'm just going to forget that for now. I can't handle it right now. If you hear anything, call me okay?"

"I will. I promise. Take care." She said.

"Thanks. You too. Bye."

I quickly ran back down to the kitchen to see Nate setting the table.

"Nate, you're so sweet. I'm sorry that I left, my friend Dreeana was calling me."

"No worries, my mom taught me to always be a gentleman."

"Yeah and you are. Thanks again seriously." I said as he pulled out my chair for me to sit down.

We ate our delicious meal, talked, laughed then we washed the dishes.

"Hey, Nate come upstairs and I will show you your room." I said as I went up the stairs.

"Okay sure." He said as he followed behind me.

I opened the door to the guest room and we walked in.

"Alaysia, your interior decorating skills never cease to amaze me!" He said as we stood in the room.

"Thanks, I made it more neutral since not everyone likes bright colors."

"Yeah, it's perfect!"

"Well, I'll let you organize and get settled in. I'm going to take off my makeup." I said, as I walked to my bathroom.

"Okay thanks." He replied.

"No problem!" I said with a smile.

As I was taking off my makeup, all I could think about was how I was not being truthful with Nate. I didn't know how to tell him what was going on.