Chapter 47. Wedding

"Are you excited?" I asked Gigi as myself and the others in the bridal party admired her wedding gown.

She looked absolutely stunning. It was a white, fitted, strapless lace gown that hugged her body perfectly. Her hair was pulled back into a chignon bun. Her veil trailed behind her.

She smiled and nodded. "I am very excited. I've been waiting for this moment for over a year!"

"I remember when you designed your dream dress in your sketchbook." Her sister, René chimed in.

I chuckled. "Did you actually do that?" I asked, in disbelief.

"Yes, I always wanted to have a beautiful dress for my wedding day and I think I finally do!" She exclaimed as she glanced at herself in the mirror once more.

"We better get going." Mary, one of her bridesmaids said, as we all agreed.

"Yeah, I don't want to be late to my own wedding." Gigi joked.

We walked out of the dressing room and into the chapel as everyone rose from their seats.

I could see Nate and my parents smiling at me as I smiled back. I quickly glanced at Gigi's husband to be, Leo who looked as if he couldn't wait any longer to see his soon to be wife.

We arrived at the alter as the bride's music began to play.

A minute later Gigi stepped out holding her father's hand. His eyes were filled with tears as well as Gigi's. They got to the alter and Leo shook his father in law's hand as he handed Gigi over to Leo.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Ms. Giselle Blackthorn and Mr. Leo Adams." The minister said, as everyone sat down.

I could see Gigi wiping tears from under her veil as Leo handed her his handkerchief.

"Leo, do you take Giselle to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to care for her in sickness and in health? In good times and in bad times? Do you promise to always be there to love and support her?" The minister asked, as Gigi smiled.

Leo nodded. "I do, I do, I do."

"Giselle, do you take Leo to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to care for him in sickness and in health? In good times and in bad times? Do you promise to always be there to love and support him?"

"I absolutely do." Gigi said.

"You may now exchange rings." The minister said as the rings were handed over.

Gigi put Leo's ring onto his finger and Leo put on Gigi's. The rings were beautiful.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The minister said as he stepped to the side.

The room was filled with cheers, applause and smiles as Gigi and Leo shared their first kiss as a married couple.

Then Leo picked her up bridal style and was preparing to walk out of the church when someone appeared in the doorway.

"Is it too late to object?" She asked, as I covered my mouth with my hands, practically everyone doing the same.

"Who are you?" The minister asked, as he walked towards her slowly.

She laughed maliciously." Imogen Wilkinson. Leo's ex girlfriend." She said with a smirk.

Everyone gasped as I just stared in disbelief. Leo's face turned a bright shade of red.

"Bad boy Leo. Did you not tell them about our history? I know you love me." She said as she laughed hysterically.

"She's lying. I don't know what she's talking about. I don't know her!" Leo said, trying to defend himself and ease the awkwardness, but only making it worse.

Gigi ran out crying as myself and René quickly followed behind her.

"Gigi wait!" I shouted as she stopped running and turned to me.

Her face was a mess, mascara running and lipstick smudged.

"Tell me it's not true, Alaysia! Tell me it's not true!" She yelled as Leo suddenly showed up.

"Giselle, she's lying. I don't know her. Please believe me! It's our wedding day and I love you.'' He said, tears filling his eyes as he ran to console Gigi who was a weeping mess on the floor.

I became filled with rage as I watched Gigi and Leo sob on the floor.

"I'll be right back." I said to René as she nodded.

"How dare you come here and ruin their wedding?" I shouted at Imogen as everyone just looked on in horror.

"Who are you again? Oh right, the alcoholic turned fashion designer." She said as everyone gasped.

"You better shut your mouth right now!" I shouted furiously as Nate grabbed my hand.

"Alaysia, stop. It isn't worth it. She's not worth it.'' He said pulling me back.

She laughed. "Just shut it, princess. Listen to your boyfriend. He's smart, unlike you."

"Everyone please exit the chapel and wait in the hallway please." The minister said quite loudly as everyone hurried from their seats. My parents doing the same.

"I can't believe this. She ruined the whole ceremony." My mom sighed as my dad rubbed her shoulder.

"It's okay Geneva. The minister called the police. They'll be here soon." My dad said reassuringly.

Before we knew it the police arrived and escorted Imogen out of the church. We all went to the venue where the reception was supposed to be held since we had to leave as well.

"I'd like to just thank you all for cooperating. I have no idea what that was about, but I hope it didn't bother you too
much. I love you all." Gigi said, as everyone got comfortable in the dining room.

I pulled her to the side while everyone chatted amongst themselves.

"Gigi, what are you going to do? She ruined your wedding." I whispered.

She frowned. "I think the best thing is to just enjoy right now. That was awful, but Leo and I are married. That's all that matters, so it can be forgotten."

"No, it can't. She hurt me and now you! You're like my family and no one hurts my family and gets away with it!"

She sighed. "Just don't do anything you're going to regret."

"I promise I won't."