Chapter One Hundred.

Michael

"So what are you going to do about it?" Ashton asks, after sipping from his coffee while we're walking down the street. He convinced me that 'some fresh air will help me reason out', but truth is, my mind is too messed up right now to 'reason out'. I'm not hurt, I'm just extremely angry.

"Nothing." I responded shrugging my shoulders, putting my hands in my pockets. "What is there left to do anyway? She's getting married." I continued.

"Are you seriously letting her go away?" he asked, surprised. I looked at him blankly, with no reply. "You're not the Michael I know, what's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? I'll tell you what's wrong with me." I paused. "I wasn't good enough to be chosen. She chose that freaking actor who's probably convincing her that he loves her while that's not even true. How can she trust him more than me when we lived a childhood together? That's not possible." I stated. I know I'm right, because no matter what I would've chosen her, even in the position she's in right now... and I'm fucking disappointed.

"Listen Michael, I know you're right but when you really love someone, you told me to go after them right? That's what you've always repeated me and I feel like you're denying every belief you had. I feel like I've listening to these words you told me only because you wanted me to feel better. It worked for me, why wouldn't it work for you?"

"This is different Ash. She's getting married." I looked at him sternly.

"Yeah yeah, I know but she's not married."

"...yet" I continued.

"Exactly, that's why you have to stop it." He smiled

"What? Are you nuts?" I said, my eyes widening.

"We'll talk about that later with Calum. He's always got some crazy ideas." He laughed.

"Ashton, I'm not so sure about that..."

"Trust me." He interrupted. "But first, you have to apologize for your stupid behavior. That wasn't nice." He pointed out.

"Okay, I hope it works."

"Stop being such a pussy. Of course it will!" He said patting my back as we approached the door. I got my keys and unlocked it, so we both entered. "Honey, I'm home!" Ashton yelled in a gay-ish voice. I punched his arm as he was laughing uncontrollably. I don't know why he thinks it's so funny.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Stop being such an idiot." I sighed.

"But I've always wanted to say that!" he protested.

"Did somebody call me?" Calum said entering, in the same gay-ish voice Ashton used.

"Just who I was looking for; my dear Calum." He smiled.

"Tell me dear, what you want me for?" he winked.

"I'll pretend I don't know you guys..." I shook my head.

"No you can't, because you will need some of our great ideas again. Am I right Calum?" Ashton said.

"Well he does seem a bit off these days. What do you need the Hood for?"

"The Hood? Really? Got some lack of originality there, hope that doesn't affect our lyric writing session." I sighed.

"What? We have another session?" Ash asked.

"Well if I remember correctly, last time you guys thought it was a great idea to make sandwiches during lyric writing. You left me all alone in the garage." I said annoyed as I remembered all the mess they made in the kitchen, only for four sandwiches; insane.

"A man needs food for thought." Calum says pointing his finger in the air, in a quite proud tone.

"Yeah, now back to Michael." Ashton said, clearly wanting to change the subject. "We need a 'SOS Michael getting Alex back' plan."

"Shh, she might hear us!" I said in a lower tone than usual.

"Nah, she's not here, but we need to pick another name. This is a secret mission." Calum stated.

"Have you got better than that, genius?" Ashton asked crossing his arms.

"The Meatballs Mission." He smiled.

"The Meatballs Mission? Really?"

"Enough with the names, what's the plan?" I said, already getting impatient."

"What plan?" I heard a female voice say. Phoebe. She walked down the stairs and we stared at her without muttering a word. "What's going on?" she asked approaching us."

"Well," I started, but Calum interrupted.

"It's about Michael getting Alex back." He cheered.

"Shut up, now she's gonna tell her!" Ashton whispered to Calum, punching his arm.

"Don't worry guys, I won't." she said, and we all let out a sigh of relief. "But..."

"I knew there was a 'but'..." Calum whined.

"You will have to let me in on every single detail of this plan." She requested.

"And what do we gain out of this?" I asked.

"My silence, plus advice from a female. Trust me." She said, waiting for a reply.

"Well..." Calum started.

"Deal." I said holding out my hand for her to shake. We shook our hands as a sign of a deal.

"Has your genius mind already come up with an idea?" Ashton asked.

"You know me too well." She smiled. "So here's the plan."

"Wait, are you stealing my position f the greatest plan maker of all times?" Calum asks, seeming offended.

"No, I'm suggesting." She knows, and he looks relieved. She knows how to trick Calum. "So may I continue?" she asks and we all nod in agreement. "Well you know the biggest obstacle of yours is the marriage, but we can still use it in our favour, without creating mess-ups." She said.

"Are you saying you're gonna tell the priest to make her marry Michael or what?" Ashton asks.

"Of course not, we don't want to get caught, although that's a good idea, but... too risky." She responded.

"Then what?" I asked confused.

"You, Mr. Clifford, are going to spend a lot of time with her."

"How? There are the wedding... stuff she needs to take care of." Calum protested.

"Exactly, and he's gonna help her." Phoebe smiles cheekily.

"What? Phoebs, you're crazy! We want him to be with Alex and destroy the wedding, not push her into Evan's arms!" Calum complained.

"I'll do it." I simply said.

"What?" Ashton and Calum said in unison.

"I'll do it; if that's the only way I can get to her." I confirmed. "This way I'll spend more time with her and maybe I can make her fall for me again... her feelings can't have faded completely." I continued.

'They haven't." Phoebe smiled. "Trust me."

"But she's still mad at you." Calum pointed out.

"That doesn't mean I can't apologize.

Maybe Phoebe's plan wouldn't be that bad after all.

---

Hours later I find myself hesitatingly knocking on Alex's door. "Come in." she yelled after turning off the music. I entered the room and closed the door behind me. She stared at me blankly as I sat on her bed. "Hi." I mumbled nervously.

"What are you doing here?" she says, avoiding looking in my eyes.

"Listen... I've been a dick to you..." I started.

"Glad you noticed." She cut me off sassily.

"I-um... I wanted to say I'm sorry and I'm willing to make it up to you." I said, hoping she would've accepted it.

"Okay. You admitted your mistakes and I accept your apology." She said, and I smiled widely. "Under one condition." She added.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"You have to promise me you will accept and respect my choices from now on, okay?" she said, and of course I nodded. She smiled. An awkward silence enveloped between us soon after.

"So um...." I started to say, but stopped myself.

"Yes?" she stared at me. I sighed.

"You love him, don't you?" I asked. That came out unexpectedly.

"Well, I'm marrying him." She half-smiled.

"Right... I hope you're happy with him." I said, and she smiled again. I got up to go away and walked up the door, but her voice stopped me.

"Michael..." she sighed. I turned around to face her. "I want you to know that no matter what, I still love you." She said, and I noticed a hint of hurt in her voice. I smiled, I turned my look away from her, and whispered "I love you too, Alex. Always." And left the room.

-----------------------------------------------

MICHAEL! GO GETCHA GIRL MAN, GO GETCHA GIRLLL!

OKAY ENOUGH.

"Author opinions aren't allowed."

idgaf, I'm a rebel.

OKAY SO GUYS THANK YOU WHOEVER REACHED THIS POINT OF THE STORY, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. AT FIRST I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD GET SO MUCH ATTENTION. THANK YOU!

-V xx