Chapter Ninety One.

Michael

It was another boring day, simply sitting at home. A whole week passed since Alex and Phoebe left, and I somehow miss them; mostly Alex. I clearly wasn't in the mood for anything, nor I wanted to go out; I wanted to stay in bed and sleep, and I would ask the lads to wake me up as soon as she gets back. That day she left, I was surprised. I know it's just a hug, I know it sounds ridiculous but I am in love with her, and I know she still feels the same for me. I felt it in her touch, the way she held me just before she left. And I had the confirmation a few minutes later; I love you, she said. I didn't hear her say it, but she did. She wrote it in that goddamn text and I can't get that thought out of my mind. I've gone crazy; Calum has been worrying a lot lately, as I am all moody and thoughtful –this is clearly not me. It's the thought of her driving me crazy, and my heart beats fast even at the mention of her name. I just cannot help it. I am hopelessly in love with her, and she is so out of reach, it breaks me. I am forced to be with a girl I hate, and the fact Alex is with Evan is the icing on the cake. Everybody tells me I have to move on because I am hopeless. A part of me knows that far too well, but on the other hand I can't stop believing in a future 'us'. You never know what might happen.

"Why don't you want to go out?" Luke asks, seeming quite worried.

"I'm tired." I state, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands, and run a hand through my hair. Luke sighs and gets up from the chair, walking out of the kitchen. He must have given up trying to make me feel better.

I stand up and walk over the sink, where I place my mug. I've been drinking a lot of coffee for some weird reason.

"You have some explanations to give me young man!" a familiar female voice yells. I turn around and my eyes meet with Grace's angry ones. She was pointing at the front page of some gossip magazine. I approach her and grab the magazine out of her hands and stare at the picture; me and Alex hugging at the airport.

"Michael Clifford and ex-girlfriend Alex Wolff are back together?" it said, in yellow capital letters.

"I have nothing to say about this." I spat, throwing the magazine on the table and crossing my arms, waiting for her to leave.

"You might not be with her, but how can I be so sure you don't have any feelings for her?" she gritted through her teeth.

"Why do you even care?" I ask, but she knows I'm uninterested.

"We are supposed to be together!" she yells.

"This relationship is nothing but fake Grace!" I yell back, quite pissed. As if she doesn't know I don't love her at all.

"Michael, we have discussed about this..." she says trying to approach me but I back away.

"I know, but I have had enough of this bullshit. I don't want to pretend to love you in public, I don't want to be a liar, I want to be free to be myself and be with people who I truly love. Why can't you understand this Grace? Why can't you let me go? Why can't you just let me live my life freely and stop this crap? You are torturing me, you are killing me and every second we are supposedly together. I have started to hate this situation, you, and everything that's blocking me from being free. I'm tired of pretending." I confess, not even caring about what she'll say. I have had enough I cannot accept to be tortured this way for longer.

"I am sorry Michael but I can't do this." She said, as a pout was formed on her lips. She's clearly not sorry at all.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I say, putting my hands in my hair, frustrated.

"Because I love you Mikey." She says, hugging me from behind.

"If you loved me you would have let me go!" I yell pushing her away from me. Her face takes in that cold expression just like before.

"I have some news for you." She says, crossing her arms. I turn around to face her, hopeful it's what I want to hear –probably not.

"What is it?" I ask. She sits down and searches for something in her bag. A few seconds later, she takes out a piece of paper, which she hands to me. I watch it carefully and read it's an airplane ticket.

"I'm leaving next month for Boston." She announces finally, grabbing her ticket back.

"What are you doing in Boston?" I ask suspicious. Next month Alex will be doing her US tour; and then it hit me.

"None of your business." She spats standing up.

"What's your plan?" I ask, starting to get furious.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She says, letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"If you're trying to hurt Alex I swear I will kill you." I warn her looking straight into her eyes.

"I will not hurt Alex." She says raising her hands in the air in surrender.

"I will fucking end you!" I yell, and I swear if Luke and Ashton didn't come on time, I would've choked her.

"Calm down Mike!" Ashton says holding my left arm.

"You have no power on me, Clifford. I will be the one to end you!" Grace says, grabbing her bag and leaving the room.

Ashton and Luke let go of me as soon as we hear the front door slamming shut. Calum pats my shoulder in comfort. I let out a sigh. "What am I gonna do?" I mumble to myself, as I put my face in my hands. Then I suddenly feel Calum hugging me. And then the other two come and do the same.

"We are here, Michael."

BBq )4