Chapter Fourty Nine.

I felt somehow happy. My own idol finds me interesting? I feel quite flattered; I mean, anyone would, right?

As soon as I had arrived to the hotel, I walked to the boys’ room to spend some time together, since we had a day off. I really liked being with them, although I was the only girl but we always got to find something to do and my tomboy side showed up. It’s their fault I developed that side of me, after all. I was going to knock on the door but I realized it was slightly open and I didn’t think twice to get in. Who cares anyway? I walked further in and saw them all sitting on the floor playing videogames. “Boys” I thought.

“Why did you leave the door open?” I asked furrowing my eyebrows and they turned around to see me with a shocked expression; probably they didn’t see me walk in.

“Is it open?” Ashton asked, before turning his gaze back to the screen. I rolled my eyes at how glued they were on the game and not even caring about it.

“It was.” I said, and sat on the couch after taking my backpack off and placing it on the floor.

“No! Why did you do that?!” Luke asked, turning to Michael, frustrated. He was probably referring to the game.

“Because Yolo!” he yelled and raised his hands in the air.

“It’s not fair you always win dude!” Calum said, throwing the controller on the loveseat after standing up.

“Please, I’m the ultimate gamer.” He bragged.

“Whatever, Mike.” Ashton said, rolling his eyes.

“So what did you do?” Luke asked sitting next to me, smiling. I remembered immediately about meeting Evan in the café, and how we chatted about random stuff, and me giggling and him giving me his number. Should I tell him, even though Michael’s in the room?

“Nothing. Just had some breakfast in a café.”

“How come it took you so long then?” Calum chuckled.

“I went for a walk too.” I said, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows at him, not knowing what he was thinking about.

“Okay okay.” He said, still laughing.

“Did you check on your twitter?” Ashton asked, casually. What’s going on?

“No, why?” I asked.

“Here, this is why.” He said, bringing his phone in front of me. There was a picture of me grinning at a boy next to me. I was in the café I went previously, and the boy was obviously Evan. My eyes widen at how quick these things get on the internet –well, he’s Evan Peters after all. No matter how hard he tried to cover himself, he’s too famous not to be recognized.

“Oh.” I mumbled. What else could I say anyway?

“Why didn’t you say it right away?” Luke asked.

“Well I couldn’t just walk in and say ‘Oh yeah, I just met Evan Peters and yeah, he kinda gave me his number and paid for my breakfast.’” I said, in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Wait, he gave you his number?” Calum asked, and his eyes widen. Maybe a small detail I shouldn’t have said with Michael’s presence, escaped.

“Maybe?” I smiled sheepishly. I felt Michael’s eyes on me but I didn’t even dare to look at him. He was silent throughout the whole conversation, and I was amazed he didn’t ask any questions. “You have to move on, don’t look back”, my subconscious reminded me.

“Why, is it weird?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

“No, it’s not. The thing is, there’s no point in keeping it to you. We would’ve found out anyway.” Ashton said, smirking.