Chapter Twenty Three.

The next morning some screams and squeals woke me up. I realized I was on the couch and Michael was still sleeping. I watched him, his chest rising and falling. He’s so cute when he sleeps.

I stood up carefully so I wouldn’t wake him up and tried to find where these screams came from. I headed to the backyard and saw everyone in their swimsuits. I checked what the hour was, 11 o’ clock. I laughed at the scene in front of me; Caroline trying to persuade Phoebe to wear a bikini and get into the pool, Luke chasing Calum with a bucket of water and Ashton trying to get Caroline’s attention, saying it’s not worth trying to change Phoebe’s mind.

Then Caroline noticed I was there.

“Ahoy!” she yelled.

“What’s going on?” I asked baffled.

“We decided it was a great idea to take advantage of this sunny day, and take a swim in the pool.” Ashton said proudly.

You said it, I didn’t agree.” Phoebe said.

“Why, don’t you like the water?” he asked.

“It’s not that-“Caroline cut her off.

“Are you on your period?” she asked, and received a few giggles from the boys.

“What the hell? No!” she said embarrassed.

“Then why?!” Calum asked.

“I-I just don’t want to okay?!” she yelled and rushed upstairs.

“What’s wrong with her?” Caroline asked.

“I’ll go talk to her.” I said with concern.

I headed upstairs into my room. I heard sobs coming out of it. I knocked slightly on the door and got in.

“Why are you crying?” I said, sitting on the floor, next to her.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine.” She said, rubbing her eyes.

“People who are fine never cry.”

“Bullshit.” She spat.

“I’m serious, what’s going on?” I asked.

“You’re going to hate me for this.” She frowned.

“I will never judge you.”

“Do you remember that time you told me Ashton and Caroline are like, together? On Skype?”

“Yeah, I do.” I said, and waited for her to continue.

“Well,” she paused, and then continued “I was like, really, really sad and disappointed because you know how I feel about him and…” she hesitated.

“You didn’t…” I said, hoping it wasn’t what I was thinking.

“I’m sorry.” She said, crying.

“You said you wouldn’t fall in the trap again.” I raised my voice slightly.

“I know but you know I feel like I have no chances now. Like zero. And I really want to be with him… I’m sorry.” She sighed.

“Don’t be sorry. I have to admit… that until a while ago, I continued self-harming too.” I admitted.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me?” she raised her voice.

“I didn’t want to stress you out; you were in university-“she cut me off.

“I don’t care; you have to tell me these things. They are important.”

“I know but-“

“No buts! Next time you have to tell me.” She said furious.

“Okay. Okay, I promise I will, but I hope there’s no next time.”

“I don’t think there will be. Michael’s doing such a great job.” She said, smirking evilly.

“Shut up.” I snapped.

“Hey, it’s the truth.” She smiled weakly.

I smiled back at her. She was staring to the ground.

“Listen, I know you really love him and I wish I could do something about it, but he’s with my cousin and I can’t break it.” I said, as if I was asking for forgiveness.

“I didn’t ask you to do anything. I’ll just wait to find someone like him, which is impossible so I’ll-“I cut her off.

“Yeah, I got it.” I laughed.

“Now what am I gonna do about the scar?” she asked.

“Where is it?”

“On my hip.” She raised her top slightly and showed me.

“You can put waterproof make up on that.”

“Since when do you own waterproof make up? You barely own some normal one!” she laughed, raising her eyebrows to surprise.

“It’s Caroline’s. I hope it’s not too dark for your skin though.”

“Yeah, I’m paler than ever.” She complained.

“Right, if you’re pale then what am I?” I said, trying to put the make-up on the scar.

“Sorry hun.” She laughed.

--

We headed downstairs in our bikinis but I stopped for a moment before I got out.

“Aren’t you gonna come?” Phoebe asked.

“No, I’m afraid.” I chickened out.

“Afraid of what?”

“I don’t like my body.” I stated.

“You must be kidding me.” She looked at me furious.

“No I am serious.”

“How many times I have fucking told you that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. NOW GET YO ASS OUT OF THE HOUSE AND SHOW ‘EM YOUR BEAUTY.” She said in a sassy tone, to make me laugh.

“I don’t know…” I hesitated.

“Come here.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

Everyone stared at us as I was pulling her out of the house.

“I guess that there’s also someone else who doesn’t want to come.” Luke laughed.

Then Michael came and grabbed me, so Phoebe let go of my hand. He brought me closer.

“You look very hot.” He whispered and I put my arms around his neck.

“Thank you, but you look hotter.” I said and placed a kiss on his neck.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Mikey.” I said.

------------------------------------------

CUTE.

MOMENTS.

AGAIN.

DUDE!!!!

RATE THE FANFIC IF YOU LIKE IT AND MAYBE SHARE IT. PLEASE.

LOVE YA WHOEVER READS THIS! xx

-V xx