Chapter Fifty Five.

I somehow felt a bit nervous. I don’t really know the reason; maybe because it’s been a long time since I last went to a formal party. But I shouldn’t feel stressed out, right? No. I shouldn’t. And I don’t even know why am I thinking of this just before we get there, as I am getting ready. This time I didn’t opt for something black; I was wearing a dark red dress though, and I am forced to wear heels to match with it, so I borrowed some golden heels-sandals from Phoebe. I wasn’t feeling very comfortable though. I was afraid I was going to fall and it would be so awkward. Gee, I hate them.

As I was applying some eyeshadow I made a few mistakes, and got frustrated. I don’t even know why I accepted to come. Or maybe I do; Michael was pleading me, somehow. I walked out of my room to get into the bathroom and clean this mess up, but I stopped before opening the door, hearing some muffled voices. I approached it with my ear so maybe I could recognize them; yes, I was eavesdropping, but you know, my curiosity takes over and I can’t handle it.

“Do you really think you can forget her this way, Mike?” the voice said. I was almost sure that was Luke, talking to Michael.

“I think so… I mean, yeah it’s hard. I have quit chasing after her but the feelings are still there, Luke. I love her.” Michael said. Does Michael still love me? Is he even talking about me? Of course he is, stupid. He didn’t have any other girlfriends after you. Although he is going to have a new one I guess… he is still dating Grace and I am afraid I will see her today. I really can’t handle the jealousy. I want to punch her every time I see her kissing my boy –but he’s not my boy anymore.

“But you said you had moved on Michael. What’s going on now?” he asked, worried.

“I am lying to you. I am lying to everyone around me and mainly myself; I am lying to Alex. I am lying about my feelings. I feel like I am using Grace. Yeah, she is beautiful and nice and all and I really like her, but I don’t love her; at least, not the way I love Alex. No one can replace her.” He admitted. I swear I couldn’t feel my heart so fast it was beating. He loves me. He still loves me and I can’t help it but smile at his statement. But it soon faded, since I don’t think we can get back together. We can’t. I am with Evan now and he makes me happy; not that Michael wouldn’t, but I can’t hurt him too. I would feel even worse.

Then suddenly the door opened and Luke and Michael walked out of the room. Thank goodness I was thin and fast enough to hide somewhere before they could realize I was there, eavesdropping. I entered the bathroom and corrected my make-up, almost forgetting that was the reason why I came here. I walked out and headed to my room back again, to find Evan, still not ready.

“Evan we’re going to be late, get dressed up!” I said, rushing him.

“I don’t feel very well hun.” He stated.

“What’s wrong?” I said frowning, and approached him, touching his forehead. “You don’t have a temperature.” I stated, and furrowed my eyebrows, expecting an explanation.

“I feel very tired and my stomach hurts. I really can’t have any fun in this state.” He stated frowning.

“Then I won’t go too, I have to take care of you.” I said, and left my clutch on the desk and was going to wear my normal clothes again but he stopped me.

“No. You have to go. I don’t want you to be forced to stay here.”

“I am not forced to, Evan, I want to.” I said, smiling.

“But so much time passed since you’ve hanged out with your friends properly; I think it’s time for you to have some fun.” He said.

“But-“he cut me off.

“No buts. Now go and have fun and don’t do anything stupid.” He said, chuckling.

“Are you jealous, Evan?” I asked, smirking.

“Maybe.” He said, approaching me and putting his hands on my waist. “I love you, you know that?” he said. My eyes widen slightly but I tried not to make my shock obvious, and smiled.

“I love you too.” I said, and placed a kiss on his lips before heading downstairs, where everyone was waiting.

“Damn Alex, stop provoking us with your sexy clothes.” Calum said, smirking as he checked me out. There was always this flirt between us, although we both knew we were kind of ‘joking’.

“You don’t look bad yourself Mr. Hood.” I said smirking back.

“When will you ever stop flirting?” Luke said, rolling his eyes jokingly.

“Are you jealous, Lucas?” I asked and laughed, and so did Caroline. Cake moment!

“No.” he stated, as he put his arm around Phoebe’s waist.

“Sure.” Calum said winking at him.

“Shut up.” He said, sticking his tong out to him and we all headed outside.

“Where’s Michael?” I asked.

“He left earlier so he could go and pick up Grace.” Ashton stated.

“Oh.” I simply said, not really knowing how to react, since Grace was going to be there too.

--

The party was quite boring. The music was awful and the only good things here were the drinks. I think I’ve been drinking so much only because I was too bored. I was sitting alone because the couples, as for Caroline and Ashton, and Luke and Phoebe were dancing, while Calum was somewhere in the house. Michael and Grace… I don’t even want to think about what they were doing.

Suddenly Calum appeared and sat near me.

“Whatcha doing?” he asked.

“I’m so bored, Cal. I don’t even know what am I doing here, I wanna leave.” I admitted, sighing.

“Why don’t you come with me?” he asked, smiling.

“Where?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Let’s dance, shall we?” he offered, and I couldn’t help but nod, since I had nothing better to do. He took my hand and I followed him where he was leading me, in a crowd of people dancing. I feel very awkward because I don’t really know how to dance so I just imitated the other girls around me.

I felt someone’s eyes on me. I looked around in the room and spotted Michael, sitting on a couch with Grace on his lap, and she was talking to him but his eyes were glued on me. I felt a burning feeling inside me and got somehow nervous. What does he want?

Calum noticed he was staring and approached me.

“Want to make him jealous?” he whispered into my ear. I backed away to see if he was serious, and I saw he had a smirk on his face. I looked back over to Michael and turned my gaze again to Calum. I nodded, and so he placed his hands on my waist. Gee, if it weren’t for Michael or Evan, I would definitely fall for Calum. I tried to move my body and seem seductive enough, and so did he. I could feel Michael’s eyes staring at us and Calum winked at me, as for saying that our plan was working. I was now concentrating only on how to be seductive and ignored Michael for a while; too bad I hadn’t noticed he had stood up and left a confused Grace sitting on the couch alone, as he was approaching us. He suddenly grabbed my arm.

“Excuse us for a moment.” He said, talking to Calum and led me somewhere upstairs, in a room.

This wasn’t what I was expecting.

-------------

there's still moree.

-V xx