Chapter Seventy One.

"I can't believe it!" Caroline yelled.

"I know. I hate her to death for that." I admitted, referring obviously to my sister and what she did. I should've been used to be let down and feel used; it is not the first, and certainly not the last time. I know there will be many people to whom I will rely on and they will all let me down someday, and although it's something everyone does, I never seem to get used to the feeling of being hurt. I never expected my sister to tell me she misses me because I don't think she would, but still, for one time, for that time she had finally decided to call me after a long period of no talking, I wanted to hear it. I wanted to hear she missed me but no, she called just for her interests. Just because she wanted someone to pay for her loan. I know she never showed love and affection; I remember her being kind of cold mostly, so maybe I shouldn't expect so much from people, right? I guess, from now on, I should never have any expectations for anyone because I always end up being hurt. Whoever wants to stay in my life he stays and proves he really does, or else he's out. And currently, Emily is out.

"I bet you do. I never thought she would do that." She said, while picking her clothes up from the floor; God she's so messy.

"Expect the unexpected; that's what life taught me." I said, laughing bitterly. She just stared at me with a sad look as I faced the floor. I really don't want to talk about this thing anymore. My sister's behavior just makes me sick right now.

"Are you excited?" Caroline asked out of the blue. I looked at her furrowing my eyebrows, not really knowing what she was referring to.

"About what?" I asked, baffled.

"The tour. You're leaving for 5 months." She stated. I had totally forgotten about it.

"Yeah... It's starting in a week." I said, smiling and approaching her to help her out with the cleaning.

"Are you excited?" she repeated, as I didn't answer her question.

"To be honest I am both excited and nervous. I surely have been on tour but not on my own. It's different in comparison to my experience with tours you know. You're on your own, you have to cope with this all by yourself and yeah there will be the band but you have to sing on your own in an arena. Other singers sell out tickets in stadiums but even the thought of the arena in the beginning is quite terrifying and I am afraid I will not be able to handle it. But then again, one thought calms me down; it's what I love to do, it's what I want and it was my dream. I can't let anything ruin it, not even my anxiety." I admitted. I felt like a weight was lifted from my chest as soon as I spoke these words; opening up always helps.

"That's good. Don't let anything ruin your dream; don't let us down. You have achieved so much. I am really proud of you Alex, I must say." She said, grinning.

"Thank you Caroline. That makes me happy." I said, grinning back.

Suddenly my bedroom door knocks. "Come in" I said, and soon after Calum comes in.

"Hey Cal." I said, smiling widely at him.