Chapter Eighty Nine.

Michael

I'm not happy. I know I may sound selfish, but I cannot help it. The more time goes by, the more Evan's and Alex's relationship is strong. Now he's moving in our house and I don't think I can handle this. I already have to take in the fact they are together, and now I will see them together every morning. He will be the one waking up next to her and planting kisses all over her face, mumbling a "good morning", and she will be giggling as she always did and look at him in the eyes. They will whisper things at each other and she will feel happy, and I am happy too... But the fact the guy she fell for is not me kills me. I cannot bear the fact she just can't see me the way she used to anymore. Of course we are just like before now, but I don't like that. I don't want us to be friends and as much as I hate to admit it, it's the truth.

This is why I decided to meet Grace and end this once and for all.

I was walking down the street to meet her at the café, as I told her. It was 6 p.m. and the more I approached the building, the more I felt enraged as I remembered how much trouble Grace has caused and how much of an idiot I was to mess with her. I'd rather break a leg that day I met her rather than living this hell right now. I walked in slowly, trying to spot her anywhere and there she was, using her phone as a mirror, but soon her eyes scan over me when she sees me standing near the entrance. She gives me a smirk and motions me to sit with her. I wanted to roll my eyes at her actions but I can't; we're in a public place and only one wrong move can put my and the boys' career at risk. I take a chair and sit right in front of her. She smirks again and puts her hand on the table waiting for me to hold it but I don't move. I cross my arms.

"What's wrong with you today?" she asks with a hint of anger in her voice as she cocks an eyebrow. I laugh at her.

"What's wrong with me?" I laugh sarcastically. "What is wrong with you is all I want to know." I state, coming closer.

"Nothing is wrong with me." She scoffs.

"You say that you love me but you are making my life a living hell." I grit through my teeth.

"You don't even know what love is Michael." She giggles rolling her eyes grabbing her phone again. I stop her though, grabbing her wrist.

"I know what love is better than you do because I felt it, I feel it and I will always feel it." I say sadly, but still keeping the serious look on my face. She smiles.

"Michael, I never thought you felt like this for me." She grins happily; that makes me want to laugh at her face.

"What on earth could ever make you think it's you I love?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"Because we are together, duh?" She says pulling her wrist out of my grip and rubbing circles on it; I can't control my force when it comes to anger.

"If I wasn't forced to be with you, and if there wasn't Alex, and if you weren't such a bitch, yeah I would love you." I spat. "But that could only happen in some parallel universe, right?"

"Oh come on Michael." She rolls her eyes. I cross my arms and look around the room. Thank goodness it was packed so no one would hear what we say. We practically sat there in silence. I had to find a way to make her change her mind and end this. "You never call me to go out." She says, breaking the silence. "What happened?" she seemed quite serious this time and her annoying attitude had faded.

"It's nothing." I mutter avoiding looking at her. She comes closer to my face.

"Mikey, you know you can't hide anything from me." She smiles as she gazes my lips. I don't answer, so she starts leaning in but I stop her. She looks at me disappointed and I sigh.

"We need to talk." I announce, finally.

"Well, what do you want to talk about?" she asks crossing her arms, clearly looking pissed.

"I can't go on faking, Grace. I can't live this life anymore. Yes I want to be a rock star, yes I want to live this life but not with you, not pretending to be with you because of your threats. I cannot go on like this." I huff in desperation as I put my face in my hands. I feel her eyes looking at me and every single action I make.

"I am really sorry but I can't do this. I always get what I want and I can't let you escape now." She looks at me sympathetically as her hand grabs mine but I immediately pull away. Her eyes darken and her anger is drawn on her face.

"If you love me as you said, you should let me go." I state firmly.

"Nice try Clifford, but you will do whatever I say because I have the power to. And you have no control on me." She smirks evilly.

"Grace, stop this." I groan in frustration.

"You will do whatever I say until I decide to leave you. Okay?" she spats and before I knew it she grabbed her bag and left the café.

What am I going to do now?

--

Alex

"Why don't you like this colour? It's perfect for the walls!" Phoebe whines as she holds a palette with different colors to choose, as I am going to repaint the walls, and actually redecorate my room, since Evan is moving in with us. I laugh at her face expression and shake my head.

"Fine, fine." I say and she claps her hands happily. "I will choose that one." I announce.

"Good!" she says grabbing the paint and placing it on the floor. She looks at me smiling and I raise an eyebrow confused.

"What?" I giggle.

"You're happy aren't you?" she smiles.

"I am." I admit and feel my cheeks turn red.

"Evan is such a nice guy, I am happy for you." She says as she starts to paint the wall.

"Indeed. I will never thank him enough for being here for me as he always did." I smile and approaching her to help her with the work.

"I am sorry about Michael though." She sighs. I bite my lip starting to feel uncomfortable.

"I don't want to talk about this." I mumbled.

"Okay," She says, "But don't you ever deny he loved you; you were, you are, and always will be the most important person for him." She states. I simply sigh and let the silence fill the room as I continue painting. "Don't you love him anymore?" Phoebe asks after a while and I turn to face her.

"Will you please stop talking about him?" I ask quite pissed as I raised my voice slightly. Her smile drops and simply nods getting back to work. "I am sorry, I-I..." I mumble lowering my head.

"Hey, no need to apologize." She smiles. "I am sorry for bringing him up." She says.

"It's alright." I smile.

As much as I hate to admit I love Michael. I may be repetitive, I may sound cheesy, but I can't help but say it because it's the sad truth. It's sad because our relationship never worked how I wanted and I never will be happy this way. And then there's also Evan... who no matter what, will never hurt me or leave me suddenly. I know he won't because through these months I stayed at the clinic, he never left.

"So... tour in a couple of weeks huh?" she giggles.

"Yeah I guess." I giggle too.

"I'm excited." She admits.

"Tell me about it."

"It's going to be great." She says trying to reassure me.

"It is." I smile.

o