Chapter Four.

A month had passed since then. Everything was alright between me and Alex, and she got closer with the guys and she felt much more comfortable; especially with Ashton. There was a lot of touching, hugging and also kissing, but not that type of kissing don’t misunderstand me –well, not yet. I get furious when I see them so close, but I try to control it. I really don’t know what’s wrong with me, and I don’t even know why I feel this way.

Then, one day, Ashton decided to talk to us, about something important. And guess what? Alex wasn’t there.

“Guys, I have to talk to you about something serious.” He announced. We all turned to face him.

“Spill it.” Luke said.

“So basically, you know me and Alex got quite close right?” he said. We all nodded.

“Sure.” I said, with an ironic tone, but not too much to be noticed.

“Well, I decided to ask her on a date and…”I cut him off.

“What?” I said, clenching my fists.

“As you heard Michael, I decided to take her on a date and I hope she accepts, because I think I really like her.” Rage was building up inside me, as he said these words.

“Well go for it. If it doesn’t work, it’s fine.” Calum said, patting his shoulder.

“Go get her man.” Luke said, chuckling.

Then I stood up and simply said “Just don’t hurt her please.” And I left the room, enraged.

Alex

I had gone out for a walk to buy some marshmallows because of my sudden needs to eat something sweet. When I came back home, I saw Calum and Luke focused on playing video games and a nervous Ashton walking up and down in the room. Wait, where’s Michael?

“Hey guys I’m back.” I announced, smiling.

“Yeah yeah hello whatever.” Luke and Calum said.

“Wow guys, I love your enthusiasm.” I said, rolling my eyes, as I took off my jacket.

“Hey uhm, Alex can I talk to you?” Ashton asked. Oh God, I hope I didn’t do anything wrong this time. I never have a good feeling when someone wants to talk to me.

“Yeah, sure. Tell me.” I said, smiling.

“In private.” He said, looking over the boys who were staring at us curious and smirking.

“Oh, alright, let’s go to the kitchen then.” I said and we headed there. I sat on the counter as I waited for him to talk.

“So, basically I was wondering… Uhm…” there was something he was trying to say and I admit curiosity was building up inside me.

“Yes?”

“Do you want to go on a date? With me?” he asked. Oh Lord what am I going to say? I really like Ashton, but not in that way. I love Michael, but… I don’t have any chances to be with him… So, I guess I should accept? I don’t know.

“Uhm, Ashton I…”he cut me off.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to, I understand that.” He said, looking down at his feet.

“No, I do want to. I-I would love to go out with you Ash.”

“Liar. You love Michael, not Ashton.” My subconscious reminded me. Why do I have to put myself in these situations? I will hurt him.

“That’s great. Get ready then because we’re going out at 8 o’clock.” He said grinning, and walked out of the room.

I put my hands in my hair and sat on the floor. Why? I just don’t understand why I have to complicate my life. What if this doesn’t end well and we ruin our friendship? I see Ashton only as a friend, mostly like my older brother. But, if this ends up well, I might forget Michael. I will stop loving him and move on because I don’t have any chance. I am afraid though. Ugh, I’ll just stop worrying. I look at the time. 19:15. Fuck, I got to get a move on. I don’t have much time and I still have to shower.

--

19:45. I had put on a black long-sleeved mini dress -no need to say the reason- and neon yellow pumps. My hair was pulled up in a simple wavy ponytail and I was applying make-up, when someone knocked on the door.

“Come in unless you’re Ashton.” I said. He was going to see me only when I was ready.

The door opened and someone walked in. I turned my head around and saw Michael.

“Oh hey Mike, I’m getting ready hope you don’t mind.” I said, smiling at him.

“No no it’s fine.” He said and he sat down on my bed, staring at me as I was applying make-up. I saw a frown drawn on his face from the mirror.

“Michael?”

“Yeah?”

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“You look gorgeous.” He admitted, ignoring my question.

“Thank you.” I said blushing lightly.

“Are you excited?” he asked.

“More worried than excited to be honest.” I admitted.

“He’s a nice guy…” he stated, looking away.

“He is indeed, so maybe this is gonna work.”

“Yeah…” he said, frowning again.

“Michael, are you jealous?” I asked, turning around to face him, as I pulled a smirk on my face.

“No, I’m just worried because you are sensitive.”

“He’s not gonna hurt me, it’s our first date!” I said, rolling my eyes.

“How do you know that?” he asked me.

“I’m just going out with Ashton; it’s not such a big deal.” I said.

“It is!” he shouted.

“Why?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

“It is. End of story. Just, forget it.” He said, suddenly, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

What the hell is happening? He’s acting weird again and I don’t like it at all. I don’t know if he’s jealous… And why should he? I decided to push that thought in the back of my mind and focus on my date with Ashton. I walk down the stairs and see him, again, nervously walking up and down and the boys still playing video games. As soon as he noticed I was there, he smiled.

“Wow.” He says. The boys stopped playing and looked at me.

“You look hot.” They said, and Calum winked at me.

“Whoa, wait; she’s mine tonight guys.” Ash said, putting an arm around me protectively.

“Thank you.” I said, blushing.

“Shall we go?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said, and walked out of the house and into his car.

I really wanna know how this night is going to end.

------

OOOOH, DRAMA IS GONNA START SOON. Curious about what's gonna happen next? Well babes, you'll have to wait, sorry lol

MY STORY GOT 70 READS YAAAASSSSSSSS. I'M SO HAPPEH!

I am glad this fanfic is getting noticed, seriously guys. Please help me and tell your friends to read it, post the link on twitter or facebook or tumblr or wherever you want as long as it gets noticed. Please rate it if you like it and comment if you read thiiiiiissssssss. Love ya!

-V xx