Chapter Eighty Four.

Alex

After my restful sleep I headed back to the living room again, where everyone had made some kind of meeting to discuss about me. I know it's not nice to eavesdrop but still, it's about me and unfortunately, Michael too, but he wasn't there. Probably he hasn't come back from his date. He makes me sick. At least he could have told me he found someone else. He could have told me Grace was the reason he didn't want to be with me anymore, instead of lying to my face. I am furious. Now I swear I will never, ever talk to him again.

"Guys I had told you, we had to say it from the start!" Phoebe yelled. At least someone understands.

"But we had to protect her!" Calum yells back.

"Stop shouting you two!" Ashton demanded.

I don't know why I feel so disappointed. I should have expected it. If he really loved me he could have got over me only if he fell for someone else... and that happened to be the person I despise the most, Grace. Or maybe, he never loved me. Maybe he just saw me as a best friend again and played with me as soon as he understood I had feelings for him, which I had hidden so well for so long. I should have never taken that decision to show my feelings. I should have kept it to myself so I wouldn't get so hurt. But this is how it is now and I can't change it. Whether he loved me or not, I am hurt and this things about Grace was the icing on the cake; it was a stab on my wound and now it opened again and it hurts so bad. But no. I have to stand up for myself and not show I am weak. I am strong, I am a new person now and I have to get over this, no matter how long it takes.

"A-Alex?" Caroline says, as soon as she notices I am there with them. They all turn to face me and only then I realized I was crying again. I bit my lip and wiped my tears with the back of my hands, and walked further in the room.

"H-Hi guys." I mumbled smiling weakly and sat next to Luke. He wrapped an arm around me and bring me closer to him, which made me burst in tears again. I grabbed his shirt as I sobbed and he hugged me tight. Then all of them approached us and we made a group hug, as they whispered things in order to comfort me, like "it's not worth it", "you are strong" and "we love you". We pulled away and smiled, after thanking them. It's good to have such great friends.

Michael

As soon as I arrive at the doorstep, I take out my keys to unlock the door. I am happy to be back home, I didn't want to be out for another second. I enter the room and see all of my friends gathered up in the living room. I smile at them and sit next to Calum on the couch. "Hey guys, what's up?" I ask, and my gaze turns to Alex who suddenly stood up and rushed upstairs. I looked at them and they all held their heads down, not wanting to face me. "What's going on?" I ask, but no one answers. Silence filled the room but Alex's sobs are clearly audible. "I said, what's going on?" I repeated, this time gritting through my teeth.

"She knows." Ashton stated. She knows. She didn't have to know, she didn't have to find out.

"How?" I ask.

"She was watching TV. He saw you guys..." Luke said.

"I have to go talk to her." I stated, standing up and heading upstairs but Phoebe blocks my way.

"Michael don't you dare." She said, looking more serious than ever. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because the last thing she needs now is having you around. I am sorry to admit but it's not a good idea. Let me or Caroline go there." She said and I sighed. I nodded, as I hadn't any other choice and she pat my shoulders, and walked upstairs.

Phoebe

I knock slightly on the door hopeful Alex will let me in. "I wanna be alone." She shouts. I sigh, and bite my lip. She wasn't supposed to know this way. "Alex, it's Phoebe." I say. After a few seconds of silence, I hear footsteps and the door opens, revealing Alex, wiping tears again.

"What do you want?" she huffs.

"Can I come in?" I ask hesitantly. She sighs and opens the door for me to get in. She sits on her bed and I sit on the chair in front of her. "So..." I start to say but she cuts me off.

"I'm not going back with Michael, okay?" she stated.

"Why?"

"That's not even a question. First he's with that bitch of Grace, and secondly, he broke my heart to the point I was forced to go to a clinic." She said, looking away. I could feel the anger.

"But you still love him." I said. Her eyes softened a little when she turned to face me.

"I don't know." She mumbles. "Maybe I do still love him, Phoebe, but I won't get back with him." She said, and her face gets that serious expression again.

"For now." I stated. She shakes her head.

"Now there is... someone else." She admits and my eyes widen at her confession.

"Who is it?" I smile.

"Do you remember Evan?" she asks. I nod. "Well he has been there for me from the start. And he loved me for real... I-I don't know if he still loves me but I really hope so." She admits.

"Somebody's got a crush." I sing, and she throws a pillow at me. "Hey!" I shout.

"Shut up." She laughs.

"You really do like him, don't ya?" I ask, and she nods. "Well, only advice I can give you is to follow your heart. Hold on to the things that make you happy." I said, smiling.

"Thank you Phoebe." She says, approaching me to hug me tight.

"Don't thank me sweetie." I say, hugging her back.