Chapter Seventy.

Today it’s our free day; we can do whatever we want and I am glad we finally have some time to spend all together. I mean, it’s been four months, and we only got out only five or six times. I never thought being a singer could be so exhausting; I undervalued the situation. As I mentioned many times, signings, gigs, interviews, and everything keep me and the boys quite busy. In any case, we can have some fun now and for the rest of the month before I start my first tour. And no, this time I will not be an opening act. I will be on my own and I am so excited, yet nervous. It’s amazing though how much little time has passed and so much has happened. It’s impressive to be honest. As I think about back then when the boys first came here, and I start comparing my old self to my new one, I am amazed. I was insecure, afraid, hopeless, broken. I admit I still am, but not as much as before. I feel stronger and determined to fight against whatever gets in my way, and not chicken out like the old Alex did.

I have to thank all of them though. I can’t believe that only four people can make you feel so happy, and save you; because in the end, what they did was save me. After a long time of loneliness, I finally felt someone loved me. I finally felt like someone appreciates me for the way I am; it’s not that Michael wasn’t here for me before, but everything was okay until he had left and he was the only friend I had. Well of course I had Phoebe, but when I moved we weren’t able to meet anymore. At least, not so often, and that hurt because I was all alone. My sister barely talked to me until we lost contact, and the times don’t help at all. Same with my dad, but he still calls me every now and then, whenever he has time. At least he cares. Maybe now he has something to be proud of, since I am achieving many things lately, such as my singing career; yeah, maybe that’s it.

“Where do you guys wanna go first?” Calum asked, as we entered the amusement park.

“One sure thing we shouldn’t go eat first if we wanna get on the roller coaster or the Ferris wheel.” Caroline stated, shaking her head.

“I will not step a foot on there!” Phoebe protested, seeming terrified. Same old chicken.

“Yes you will!” Michael said, pouting.

“I’m not going! I don’t even know why I accepted to come with you guys.” She said.

“You could’ve told us before you’re afraid.” Luke said, crossing his arms.

“Guys let’s just get in there; if she doesn’t want to go then she won’t.” Ashton said.

“Oooh, the protective boyfriend chimes in.” Michael said, chuckling.

“Shut up Michael.” He responded, sticking his tongue out. Michael gasped jokingly, and decided to leave that and we headed to the Ferris wheel, as it was the first thing that we saw. To be honest I’m scared but I like the feeling, and the adrenaline and you going crazy because you’re like hundreds of meters above the ground. Fortunately I have Michael next to me and hopefully he’s braver than me.
And you know what? He is indeed, thank God. Even these little things about him make me think that we complete each other; he fills in the missing pieces of me. He’s brave, I’m quite a chicken. He’s outgoing, I’m shy. And this is why I need him by my side. I need him to teach me how to be brave like him, to make me stronger and believe me, it’s working. As I mentioned before, since he came back I changed. When he was around I felt safe and protected. As if nothing would ever break me and it’s all because of him and that he shows his love. And that empty feeling while he was away was soon gone when he returned. I can’t even describe how much I love him, I really can’t.

“Michael?” I said, him still holding my hand to calm me down.

“Yes?” he said, turning to face me.

“You can’t even imagine how grateful I am to have you. Thank you.” I confessed, smiling and he smiled back.

“For what?” he laughed slightly.

“For everything.” I said.

“Alex you know that I love you, you don’t have to thank me.” He said.

“That’s what I don’t get.”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Why do you like me, Michael? Why do you love me?” I asked.

“Why are you making me this question now?”

“Because I don’t get it. There are so many pretty girls out there, confident, beautiful, kind… everything I don’t believe I am. Why?” I asked, turning to face him. He shook his head.

“This is nonsense. There are seven billion people in the world but still I chose you. And there is a reason.” He admitted, grinning.

“And which is the reason?” I insisted.

“You should’ve known it already, I told you a million times.” He said rolling his eyes. I sat there silent, waiting for him to say something. To be honest I still don’t understand. Why didn’t he fall for someone else? Why did he choose me?

“I love you; that’s the reason.” He admitted. I smiled automatically at his words.

“I love you too Michael.” I said, as we were leaning in for a kiss. But this kind of cliché yet sweet moment got ruined as my phone rang. I groan frustrated and get the phone out of my pocket, to see it’s a call from my sister Emily. My eyes widen as I read her name on the screen.

“Hello?” I said as soon as I answered the call.

“Alex! How are you?” she chirped.

“Uhm… I’m fine… How come you called me?” I asked, confused.

“Listen I know it’s been a long time since we last talked but I think it’s right to keep in touch. Right?” she said.

“Uhm, yeah. Sure.” I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

“I have an offer for you.” She announced.

“What offer?” I asked, confused.

“I would like you to come here to Brighton. I finished college and I have my own house and job. You can live with me.” She said.

“Why are you asking me out of the blue, Emily?” I said, raising my voice. Moving somewhere else would mean leaving everyone and everything here. I don’t want this, especially when she calls me suddenly after a long time.

“I want my little sister with me.” She said, but I doubted it.

“I want the truth. Why?” I said, and she sighed.

“Listen I do have my own job but I don’t get well-paid and I took a loan from the bank to pay for the house and maybe you could come here and help me?” she said, hesitantly.

“I can’t believe you!” I yelled.

“I know I am selfish but I really need help and dad will not lend me any money!”

“Then what can I do? It’s not my fault!” I said.

“I know Alex, I know but seriously I need it or I’ll end up homeless!” she confessed, sadly.

“I don’t know.”

“You’re a singer and you have money, why can’t you do that for me?” she said.

“I can lend you all the money you want but I can’t come, because I have my own friends, my boyfriend and everything here in Sydney. You can’t just expect me to leave this place one day when you decide to call me and it surely wasn’t because you missed me!” I yelled.

“I did miss you. I just thought you wouldn’t want to talk to me.”

“Bullshit, Emily! I don’t wanna talk about this anymore okay? Goodbye!” I said and ended the call. I put my face in my hands. I really don’t know what’s wrong with people these days; they just use you.

“What happened sweetie?” Michael asked, and I removed my hands from my face. He took a strand of my hair that had fallen in front of my face and tuck it behind my ear.

“Emily called, Michael.”

---------------------------------------------

NEW CHARACTER.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

KEEP READING AND SOON YOU WILL FIND OUT! (WAIT TILL I UPLOAD FIRST)

NOTE: I WANNA THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR READING THIS FANFICTION AND MAKING IT RISE UP TO 12K READS! LIKE, HOLY CRAP ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU GUYS ARE JUST AMAZING. THE FACT THAT IT'S BEING SO APPRECIATED MAKES ME SERIOUSLY CRY. I WANT TO THANK ALL THE READERS WHO HAVE BEEN READING THIS FANFICTION FROM THE START AND STILL ARE. SERIOUSLY, IF YOU SEE THIS, WHOEVER YOU ARE, YOU ARE AMAZING AND I THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART.

-V xx