Chapter 20:

A/N:

SORRY FOR THE WAIT! LOVE YOU!

~

Niall’s POV:

What did I just hear?

Don’t tell me…

Harry… He…

I…

“Niall…” As soon as Harry reached his climax, his body fell on top of mine, our chests heaving and rising and falling in sync.

He told me he loved me.

My best friend loved-loves me.

How could I be so dumb not to see?

We evened out our breathings and he slowly pulled out of me, I winced as he left me empty. He pulled out the condom, tied it and threw it in the trash bin and then plopped down beside me.

It’s a bit dark here so thank God he doesn’t have to see the panic etched on my features. What to do now? I just can’t keep calm knowing he loves me but do I feel the same way?

Come to think of it, I always had these weird feelings of possessiveness with him, and this longing to hold him, kiss him, more than a best friend feelings kind of way or more than a friends with benefits kind of way.

But we’re best friends…

Best friendsdon’t do love. It’s just weird, if you break up, you’ll get awkward and everything and then you’ll become distant and feelings will get in the way and everything will be a mess with you two that you’ll decide you just can’t be best friends anymore.

And all my life Harry’s been there for me, I’ve been there for him and we’ve always got each other’s backs. We’re dependent on each other and we just don’t know how to live without each other anymore.

He really is my other half.

And so if these weird feelings of mine will ruin our friendship and will cause me to lose him and then it’s a risk I’m not willing to take.

“Niall…” He whispered again and I felt my cheeks heat up as he wrapped both of his arms around my slim waist and pulled me closer to his bare body. He nuzzled his head on my shoulder and let out a small purr. I was panicking again, my heart beating dangerously fast in my chest.

I’d like to leave now or I might forget my priorities.

I was about to sit up straight when Harry’s strong and muscular arms pulled me back to the bed and I was sore so I really didn’t have the strength. “Are you leaving me? You aren’t leaving me are you Niall?” Harry asked tiredness and hurt lacing his voice and my heart clenched.