Chapter 37: "You're too concerned with yourself!"

JAMIE’S POV
The next day

Today I was going to be Skyping Sammi Doll, Jinxx’s wife. I was very excited, though I wasn’t sure if I would do it with Devyn or not. I was told it would be at seven o’clock our time, meaning it was eleven in the morning in California, where Black Veil Brides were.

It was warm out today, so I asked Louis if we could go to a nearby park. He had said yes and I was now getting dressed for the park. I pulled out some faded skinny jeans, a white tee shirt, and a striped three-button sweater. I pulled out a red beanie that coordinated with the sweater and put on my black Vans. I pulled out a brown leather backpack/rucksack thing and put a notebook, pen, pencil, my phone, and sunglasses in it.

I walked downstairs where the boys were waiting with Devyn. She looked mad, though she offered me a small smile when she saw me. I managed one back and we left.

We were walking to the park since it was only two blocks away. The boys were talking among themselves and Devyn and I walked awkwardly next to each other.

“I’m sorry.” I looked at her, startled, when I heard her voice. “There was another girl. He texted me the wrong thing this morning. It had another girl’s name in it. I’m pretty sure there is at least one more. I’m not saying this to try to prove to you that I am innocent, because I’m not. I’m saying this because I shouldn’t have done what I did, but that we are over, and I know some of what you are going through. I knew it was wrong, but like I said before, I was jealous of your life and wanted something you had. I am so incredibly sorry, and you don’t have to forgive me yet, but I’d like us to try one more time.”

“I understand. I’m not at forgiveness yet, and I’m not sure we’ll be on the same level of friendship as we were, but we can try.” She smiled at me and I gave her a genuine one back.

Louis looked back at us, as if worried we would bite each other’s head off. I rolled my eyes and ignored him when I saw the park up ahead.

“SWINGS!” I yelled, running as fast as possible toward my favorite thing in the world ever. I sat on one and immediately pushed off and moved my legs in the “swinging” motion. I was already very high up by the time they reached me. I saw there was a slide next to me, and on the next upswing, I jumped off.

“Jamie! Don’t hurt yourself!” Louis yelled.

“Dad, I jumped off a swing. I’ll live.”

He seemed somehow affected by this and walked quietly over to the tree where the other boys and Devyn were. I apparently was the only one who was going to enjoy this day.

I went down the slide a few times before becoming bored by myself. “Devyn! Get your pretty little patooshka over here!” The boys looked up, surprised that I had just invited her to come over. I rolled my eyes at their immaturity. It was now a thing of the past and did not need to be concerned with. At least in the matters of playgrounds.

“What do ya need?”

“Come play seesaw with me!”