Twenty One

I was kinda sad that Harry refused to get in the water but I couldn't force him in either. He was afraid and there was nothing wrong with that. I have to learn to realize that just because I have no fear, doesn't mean everyone is the same.

I continue into the ocean. I throw water at Louis."Told you he wouldn't come in." I do it again."Hey I win the bet."

Before I went to ask Harry to come into the water me and Louis made a bet. He was trying to convince me that he knows Harry like the back of his hand. I haven't known Harry as long but I'm a bit of a gambler. So the bet was to see if I could get him in the water.

"Actually the deal was to get him into the water. Which I did." I defend. He looks at me with confusion."No the deal was to get him to come in with us." He said. "No it wasn't." I argued,"It was to get him into the water period and he came part of the way, but he still came in." Niall puts his arms between us.

"The bet was to see if Harry has a fear of the water." He explained. "So technically you both lost." he further explains,"Harry is still scared, but he came into the water." Great.

"Ok, so that means we are both the losers." Louis clears up."We are both the winners." I correct. He rolls his eyes at me. I will beat that boy at something.

"It doesn't matter what you call yourselves. You both have to swim to the end of the peer and back." Niall says laughing. Louis and I look at each other, we splash water in his face. When he starts coughing we stop. I don't need him dying on me.

"Ok, enough messing around. And don't you dare give me that face."He points at me."Let's get swimming." I start singing."Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming-"

"How about we make this interesting-" cuts in Louis."-let's make this a race. First one back here is the true winner."
"You're on." I shake his hand.

"Three, two, one. Go!"Niall shouts. We were off."If you can't do it-" I said between breaths,"-you can go back now.""Not a chance." He shouted.

We make it to the end of the peer at the same time. We both stop and just look at how far off we were. "You're one tough person to beat Hart." He says."I can say the same about you Tomlinson." I recanted. The water starts to pull back.
We turn around and there is a huge wave coming towards us. "Swim! Jade! Swim!" Louis warns.

We swam as fast as we possibly could. We couldn't make it. The wave crashed down on us. I open my eyes, they burned from the salt water. I take in a lot of water. I try to go up for air but the curl of the wave pushed me down. My lungs filled with water. I begin to panic. I frantically searched for air. I couldn't give up. I did as Harry would say "Try." I just couldn't reach the surface. No matter what I did I didn't have the strength or energy to make it. I tried Harry. I tried.