Sixty

It's Friday. Friday the thirteenth to be exact. I believe in superstitions. Today something horrible will happen. It also happens to be the day the guys have released their new album Made in the A.M. Today was the day they were making a performance to promote their album. It was also the performance I happen to have a ticket too. I was still debating whether I was going or not.

I just sat there in my bed. I ran my hand through my hair a couple of times. There is a knock on my door. "Come in." It's Margaret. She gives me a shocked look. "Why are you still in bed? You should be getting showered for the big day." I put my pillow to my face. I groan loudly. There I go being a dying whale again. "I don't think I'm going." She puts her boney hand on her hip. "You are going. I do not want to see you here today. You are going to see them. You need it. If you don't go at least stay out for the day." She orders. I give her a salute and roll out of bed.

I stumble into the shower. My legs were weak. Am I really that nervous? There is a great chance they might not even see me today. There are going to be a ton of people. I will be able to slip in and out of there easily. Honestly what are the chances? Then again it's me.

I let the hot water hit my tense muscles. I'm really stressed for a twenty year old. I'm afraid I will start popping out grey hairs. I turn the water off and carefully get out of the shower. I don't need a broken ankle or arm today. Especially with my luck I need to be extra careful. I wrap the towel tightly around my body. I walk back to my room. I pull the dress out of the bag. I lay it across the bed. I just stare at it for a moment. "I'm going to do this." I say reassuring myself.

I slip the dress over my head. It fit me perfectly, it clung to my skin. I look down at the dress and memories of when I went dress shopping with Harry came flooding back into my mind. I shrug them off. I open the box with my boots. I take them out and shove my foot into them. I look at myself in the mirror behind my door. I tug at the bottoms of the dress a bit. It's not my choice of clothing but that's the point.

I grab some mascara and swipe a small layer on my eyelashes. I grab a neutral lipstick and apply it on my lips. I plug in the curling iron and wait for it to heat up. I look at the ticket in my hand. I run it through my fingers. I set it down on the bed. I part my hair and begin to make barreled curls. I search in the closet for a leather jacket, with a grey hoodie. I put it on and shove the ticket into the pocket. I roll my sleeves up partially and take one last look at myself in the mirror. "Here we go." I grab my phone and earbuds.

I walk downstairs to see everyone down there. "What are you all doing here?" I asked surprised. "We wanted to wish you good luck. We all know who you really are. We just went along with the cover story." Mr. Bradford says. Timmy runs up to me and gives me a rose. I give him kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, all of you." I try not to cry. I can't afford to have the mascara run. This is why I don't wear makeup. "I never knew what it felt like to have friends or be welcomed in. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to meet all of you lovely people." I say. "You can all call me Jade from now on." We all laugh. "It might be hard to adjust to that." Mr. Brown says.

They offered to give me a ride into the city, but I refuse. I would like to take my time arriving there. It was currently one, I still have time. I wait for the bus. I plug the earbuds into my ears. I blast Fall Out Boy on my phone. I need a distraction. I watch out the window, I see all the people passing and all the buildings.

The bus comes to a screeching stop. This is my stop. I'm hesitant to get off. I let my feet lead me. I'm not really thinking straight. I walk a few more blocks and then make a right at the corner. There is a stage setup and everything. People were already swarming around it. How early do people come to these things? You'd think I'd learned from the first concert. Memories of that night enter my mind. The closer I get the more I seem to remember and I don't know if I'm ready for that.

I walk over to the gate. The first person I see is him. My old friend is standing there. "Hey big guy. Long time no see. I've missed ya." I say patting his large shoulder. "Likewise Ms. Hart." He said. A smile grew on my face. He finally answered me after so long. No more silence or grunts. "Katy is fine by the way." I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm glad to hear that." I hand him my ticket. He lets me pass with no struggle. There is a first to everything.

Someone walks over onto the stage. I don't pay attention. I unplug my earbuds and wrap them up and put them in my pocket, with my phone.

"Here we have One Direction, singing one of there singles from their new album Made in the A.M."

They walk out onto the stage. My heart stops in my chest. Butterflies are going crazy in the pit of my stomach. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should rethink this all. I think I should go.