Chapter 2

When I made it to Miriam's house, I ran to the door. I knocked in a panic. "Mimi! Mimi!!" I cried. The door swung open. It was Miriam. I walked inside. "Miriam what the hell is the problem?" I asked. "Come follow me!" She grabbed my hand and quickly walked me to another room. "Surprise!!!" Yelled a crowd as I entered the room. I covered my face hoping everyone wouldn't see me shed a tear. I looked at Miriam and she was laughing so hard she complained of having a cramp in her stomach. I slapped her arm, in anger, wishing to get me to her house another way. I saw friends and family, and I was so happy to see everyone. Miriam raised a red cup and so did everyone else in the room. "Cheers, to the birthday girl. To Liliana!" Miriam said. "To Liliana" everyone chanted back. Miriam handed me a cup and we began to talk. As we talked about the party and life in general, my eye caught a man, whom was unfamiliar to me. "Mimi? Who is that?" I asked pointing at the man. "Oh you know my friend Owen? Yeah that's his cousin." "What's his name?" "Bruno." Miriam answered. "You should talk to him." I chuckled at her suggestion. "Now Miriam, you know I have no time for relationships. They're stupid, and just a distraction."