Chapter 9

While walking to the water, Miriam seemed quite curious. "Bruno. He's been, a little.....observant of you today. No?" Miriam asked. "I think Bruno is a kind gentleman." I said. "Why did you guys really take so long in the drug store?" She asked. "Nothing." I said. "Liliana you're 27 years old, I know you, nothing means something. What took you two so long in the drug store." Our feet had now touched the cold water and our feet were sinking into the sand. "Okay, okay. We had went to the fridges and I found me a soda and I bent down and a guy hollered at me. I just ignored him, and he stroked my arm..." "HE TOUCHED YOU?" Miriam asked. "Yes! And get this Mimi, Bruno came over and pushed the man and told him to get out." I concluded. "Lily, wow. Michael never did that." "Ugh just hearing that name just hurts me. I loved him, with my whole life, but it wasn't there." I said. Miriam observed my face. "The scar on your cheek is fading away though." She said. "The physical pain is gone, the emotional pain is forever here, and it's not going anywhere. Losing Brian, divorcing Michael, it's not easy when you're on your own Mimi. You have friends...Owen." "We have each other. No one can break us." Miriam held my hand.