Chapter 13

Surprisingly enough, this food Bruno had prepared was absolutely astounding. He prepared a delicious meal, and I was tempted to ask for more, but I have to watch myself, and my hunger. I put my fork and knife on the plate to symbolize that I am finished eating. "Are you full?" Bruno asked. "Yes, it was delicious." Bruno smiled as he continued to fill his mouth with food. After finishing his food, Bruno just smiled at me. It felt, weird. I looked around I realized his Grammy he told me he won for the first time was sitting on a shelf. "Oh my goodness is that your Grammy?" I stood up and walked over to it. "I nearly cried when I received this. It was a dream come true." Bruno said. "I could only imagine." Bruno looked at me again. "God, you're so beautiful." Bruno said. I faced him. "Bruno..." I whispered. He grabbed my hands and kissed them. Bruno leaned in to kiss me, but I stopped him. I put my hand on his chest, yet our foreheads were touching. "Bruno, I don't think I'm ready for this." "But I'm ready for you." I stepped back from him. "No, Bruno, you don't understand. I'm scared...to love again." I had never told Bruno about Michael and I, just that we divorced, not even Brian has been mentioned to him. Maybe it's time for him to know.