Chapter 54

(Saturday morning) I was under a lot of stress, I lost sleep last night from the baby, and just nerves over all. I was always confident in my cases, because I always had the hard evidence. This time, I feel Bruno and I don't have enough of it. If I lose this case, I don't know how I would feel afterwards. Bruno and I were getting ready now, and I can just feel my muscles trembling. "When we get into that court room today, you're not my fiancée, you're my client." I said to Bruno. "Liliana, I swear to you, I didn't do any of this." Bruno said. "You better hope you didn't, because you'll have hell to pay with me." I said to him. "Come on, let's go." I felt like I was acting like his parent. I was telling him what to do all day, and he followed me around like a dog. I don't mind being with him, but in this particulsear situation, I don't want to be near him. We got there early, and we set up our side. Most of the time, I'm supporting the Plaintiff, however, I'm supporting the Defendant, and most of the time, this role is hard to play. "Bruno give me all of the paperwork." I asked. He brought a folder with him, which was quite thick, but not thick enough. We laid out all of the papers and separated them. I heard the door open from the back of the court room. I looked back and it was Bethany Holmes and her client, Destiny Mann. They began setting up their paper work. Bethany then approached our table. "I hope you have all the evidence you have. You won't be winning this case." "And if I do?" "There is no 'If' because you won't. Just accept the fact that you're supporting a criminal." Holmes said. "And you being in my business is inappropriate behavior." Bethany snickered at me. Sometimes I just want to pop her in the mouth, but me winning this case, will be just has harmful to her than anything else.