Chapter 31

Bruno was at my house today, and we tend to forget about how our argument that almost ended our love. I felt different today. I was constantly using the restroom, which was rare and I was fatigued. I sat down beside Bruno as we watched television. Out of the blue, Bruno began to kiss my neck, he was becoming sexual. Of course, his kisses relaxed my muscles. "You smell so good" since I was wearing a new perfume I bought a couple of days ago. Then a light bulb flicked on above my head. Bruno pulled my thigh onto his lap, allowing me to straddle on top of him. He continued to kiss my neck and I whispered in his ear. "I'm pregnant." I don't think he heard me, as he was so focused on sex. "Bruno, I'm pregnant." He immediately stopped. "Stop playing Lily." He tried to continue kissing my neck but I stopped him. "I'm serious. I've been fatigued, my bladder has shrunken, making me go to the bathroom more, and...I missed my period for this month. The last time and the only time we've connected was about three months ago. How could I be playing?" I said. I don't think Bruno wanted to accept this. "But babe, I-I was protected." He said. "Maybe it broke?" "Shit! No, it's not supposed to do that! Fuck! I need you go get a pregnancy test go to the hospital or something, I'll go with you, but you can't be pregnant." "Why don't you want me to be pregnant? Aren't you supposed to be happy?" I asked. "I'm not ready for it. I want to do me. I'm not even thinking about marriage right now." "Oh. So why am I here? To just fuck you?" I stood up. "No Bruno, I'm the wrong girl. I'm going to go schedule an appointment, and if the test reveal I'm pregnant, I'll abort it. I'll have a baby with a man, that appreciates his future position as a father. It's over Bruno."