Chapter 3

"Oh come on Lily, don't be like that." Miriam said. "Look, I know Michael was....abusive, but you can't sit around and just be alone forever. Don't you want kids?" Miriam asked me. "I can always adopt." "But that child needs a father figure. Whether you adopt or naturally have one. Just think about it. Maybe, Bruno is a good guy. I don't know." Miriam said. She then turned her head and made a quick glimpse of him. "Besides, he looks like a really nice person." Miriam added. "Thanks, but no thanks Mimi, now, I'm going to eat, because I am hungry." "Hey, go put on some comfortable clothes, go get some of my clothes." I laughed and went to her room to change. I took of my blazer, top, and skirt, the typical clothing for my occupation, and changed into something comfortable. A t-shirt and some basketball shorts. I walked back down stairs ready to get a plate of food to satisfy my hunger. I grabbed a plate, and a hot dog bun. "Can you pass me the bag when you're done?" A man asked. "Yeah, su..." I handed him the bag, and it was him, Bruno. I slammed my hand onto to the counter. "Shit!" I said to myself. "By the way, I'm Bruno." He brought his hand out to me. "Liliana." "Happy birthday." Bruno said. "Thanks." I sat there and watched him prepare his food, thinking of why Miriam sent him over to me. "Did my sister, Miriam, send you over to me?" I asked. "No, she did not, my stomach did." I chuckled at his humor.