Chapter 27

(One week later) I walked inside of Bruno's house, I heard laughter from his bedroom. "Babe?" I called. The laughter continued, but Bruno never responded. "Bruno?" I called again. I made it to the bedroom door. I heard heavy breathing. It didn't sound right. I flung open the door, and there, the betrayal struck me in my heart. Bruno, laying in bed with another woman. Playing me, like he's playing her. "I love you, I'd never hurt you." Bruno said to the woman. That's what he said to me. I closed the door, and tried to wrap it around my head, that someone I gave my heart to, destroyed it. How could I be stupid. I could feel my life ending, which I wanted it to, but then I came into reality. My heart pounded as I woke from this nightmare. The room was dark, and the crickets were chirping. I tried to catch my breath, and my knees were trembling. I went to the bathroom and rinsed my face with warm water. "Babe?" Bruno said from the bed. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yes. Just had a nightmare." I couldn't possibly restate what happened in my dream verbally. It hurt that much. "Come on back to bed." He groaned. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized I'm just paranoid. I turned off the light, and walked back to the warm bed Bruno and I shared for the night. "I'm right here, nothing to be scared about." Bruno whispered in my ear then later kissed my neck. His kisses made me feel more relaxed. It kind of kept my mind off of the negative.