Chapter 10

Me and Miriam were deep in the water and we having so much fun. The water was very calm, and relaxed. "Ahh!" Miriam screamed. "What?" "Something touched my leg!" I laughed "It's probably seaweed Mimi." I said. Miriam's body flopped over into the water. A body came from under the water. It was Owen that did so. Miriam came from under the water and laughed hysterically. "You two have fun." I said. Walking out of the water. I don't think they even heard me. I walked back to the spot we all settled at. "You're not getting in the water?" I asked Bruno as I walked up towards him. "No probably not." I sat down beside him. "Was the water nice?" Bruno asked. I brushed my hair back. "It was nice." Bruno sat upwards to face the ocean. We both watched Owen and Miriam play around in the salt water, while the waves continuously crashed amongst them. "Look how happy they look." I said. "Faces filled with joy." Bruno added. Bruno looked at me. "I know your face is filled with joy when you see your man." Bruno said. I put my head down, scoffing at his remark. "My 'man' is no longer in the picture." I said. "We...divorced a year and a half ago." I said. "Liliana....I'm sor-" "No, don't be. Life goes on, no? Can't sit around being sad, when there are so many reasons to be happy." I said. "I know what you mean. I've never been married, but I've been in a deep and strong relationship, that never lasted. But like you said. Life goes on." Bruno replied.