Chapter 23

(One week later) It's been one week since Bruno and I have been in love with each other. He's different, I just know it, and I have to say, I'm blessed to have him. Bruno wanted to take me to this restaurant which has the best breakfast in the world. We arrived at the restaurant at about 9:50 a.m. and it was pretty crowded at this time. Fortunately we were able to get a table. The waitress greeted us and we ordered our drinks. "I'll be right back, going to use the restroom." "Okay." I smiled. Bruno then blended into the large crowd and disappeared. "Liliana?" Someone called me. I looked over both of my shoulders and no one was there. "Liliana, right here." I followed the voice, and him, it's him. "Liliana, how are you?" I pulled my hair behind my ears. "I'm doing fine Michael." I said. "It's been a year since I've seen you. You look beautiful." "I'm aware of the time we've been distant. Thank you for that compliment." "Who are dining with this morning?" Michael asked. "That is none of your concern." "Okay, I'm back!" Bruno said as he sat down. I can tell he was confused as to why I was speaking to this man. "Who's this?" Michael asked. "Michael, this is Bruno, a man who I love dearly." I answered. "Oh...okay. Well, uh, I'll see you around. Enjoy." Michael said as he walked away. "Who was that Lily?" Bruno asked. "The man that gave me this." I said while pointing at the scar on my cheek.